VSC

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: VSC

Originally Posted by jbollt
Just keep in mind, this was a single post, back in Feb 2006, and the poster never gave a follow-up report. And it references a 2004 Sequoia. At least that's how it appears to me.
You think the VSC in the Sequoia is completely different than the one in the Hybrid???? If it's not the exact same one, it's based on the exact same design! These are two cases that you hear about. If two completely different cars from the same company gave off the same indications before the same component caught on fire, I would be worry about that particular component. And for the record, I do own a Camry Hybrid and will be following this issue closely.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:27 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sitinh: All I am saying, is before we start a panic, that we have factual and accurate information. The poster on Tundrasolutions sad he/she would post the dealers findngs, and apparently never did, and I see tha tthe post on toyotanation seems to have disappeared. Something just doesn't seem right. I will follow the issue, but I won't loose any sleep over it.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by jbollt
... I see tha tthe post on toyotanation seems to have disappeared. ...
Scroll down that thread a bit.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
I think there is a greater liklehood of a fire being started by that Dell Laptop in the trunk.
LOL, or in my lap at any moment!

Old 09-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That Tundrasolutions post seems odd to me. He opened the hood and immediately knew that they VSC computer was on fire? Or did the dealer tell him this later?

I don't think I could figure out where the VSC computer was under the hood unless I did some serious research. I would tend to think that the computer would be under the dash deep in the IP. Pure speculation, of course.

Old 09-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Enthusiast

Go to toyota nation and scroll down through th posts some guy in Arizona had a TCH VSC catch fire and burned the car badly before they got out, posts dissapeared somehow and now he has a pic of burned car look before it dissapears again, he says they found a Mfg malfuntion in VSC unit.

Old 09-14-2006, 08:15 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by skywagon
Go to toyota nation and scroll down through th posts some guy in Arizona had a TCH VSC catch fire and burned the car badly before they got out, posts dissapeared somehow and now he has a pic of burned car look before it dissapears again, he says they found a Mfg malfuntion in VSC unit.
Actually, all it basically said was they were told there was a manufacturing defect. That doesn't really say what defect though. I certainly don't think specific details are going to be volunteered up other than what they appear to have done, taken responsibility.

Last edited by Droid13; 09-14-2006 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-15-2006, 04:47 AM
Enthusiast

I agree, I don't take too much interest in a one time event either but was just wondering in case someone has heard or seen other cases of this, I am sure Toyota is on top of this situation.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I checked here and found nothing fire related on the '07 Camry
or '07 Camry HV. I have one of each.
No reports, no investigations, no TSBs, no nothing.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/