Video Output on Nav

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Video Output on Nav

Originally Posted by Pepsi
No, I don't really mind it that much. I figure its a software issue and would require a firmware hack and I'm not about to put that much time into this to fix that part.
Is it there all the time?

Old 11-08-2007, 04:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Is it there all the time?
Yes, the "check your surroundings" text is always there when it's displaying video from the video feed.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:50 PM

After using it for some time, could you let us know if there are any other side effects of making the NAV think you are in reverse when you are truly moving forward?

Thanks

Old 11-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Active Enthusiast

After using it for some time, could you let us know if there are any other side effects of making the NAV think you are in reverse when you are truly moving forward?

Thanks
I ended up putting the reverse signal on a switch. Having it on all the time will make the nav unit think you are going backwards between GPS signals. When you switch back from video to navigation, it takes around 5 seconds for the position to start updating correctly.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pepsi
I ended up putting the reverse signal on a switch. Having it on all the time will make the nav unit think you are going backwards between GPS signals. When you switch back from video to navigation, it takes around 5 seconds for the position to start updating correctly.
Makes sense. Have you attempted to "watch" a video while using the nav to guide you? Does it go nuts? I would like something that can be watched while driving even when the nav is navigating you.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:10 PM

Makes sense. Have you attempted to "watch" a video while using the nav to guide you? Does it go nuts? I would like something that can be watched while driving even when the nav is navigating you.
Hi Pepsi,

How has this been working for you? Do you have any thoughts on the above quoted questions?

Thanks,
Mike