HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Safety Recall: DC-DC Output Cable Cover and Software Update - Mar 2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 05:22 PM
Hybrid-Hugger
Exclamation Safety Recall: DC-DC Output Cable Cover and Software Update - Mar 2007

Here is what my recall letter says from Honda Canada- (posting to keep a complete record of the issue). My VIN is JHMFA36206S801363.

Certain parts of your vehicle's integrated motor assist (IMA) system are located under a metal cover behind the rear seat-back. Over time, the weight of rear seat passengers may cause the metal cover to come into contact with a rubber cap covering an electrical terminal. The rubber cap may get pinched, exposing the electrical terminal. The exposed terminal, should it come into contact wih the metal cover, could result in an electrical short that may blow the IMA fuse. A blown fuse will cause the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash.

In addition, based on the actual date your vehical was manuafactured, the software in your vehicle may be required to be updated to improve the cold weather performance of the Linear Air Fuel sensor on the catalytic converter - your dealer can check to see if ths update does apply to your vehicle.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Safety Recall: DC-DC Output Cable Cover and Software Update - Mar 2007

I received the same recall letter in March and took my car to the dealership last week to get the work done.

On the invoice, there are three recall work items listed:
1. K59 DCDC Update
2. K56 LAF Update
3. K48 Fuel Economy Update

The first two items correspond to the two issues outlined in the recall letter. Does anyone know what exactly is involved with the third change? I asked the person that I dealt with at the dealership and he was completely clueless.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Hybrid-Hugger
Default Re: Safety Recall: DC-DC Output Cable Cover and Software Update - Mar 2007

Hey, that is different. I wonder if there was a last minute update released (although that K number is lower than the first 2 so maybe not). When was your car manufactured?

Old 04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JavaJ
Hey, that is different. I wonder if there was a last minute update released (although that K number is lower than the first 2 so maybe not). When was your car manufactured?
My vehicle was manufactured in November of 2006. Could K48 be a fix for the 62mile/100km bug? (I don't think that my car is afflicated by that bug, but I'm not sure that it isn't either).