Turning Off Seat Belt Warning (One when moving)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Driving in stealth mode
Default Re: Turning Off Seat Belt Warning (One when moving)

I see your point. I'm not falling for your peer pressure though!!! :-)

Old 03-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

So, you'd walk Ortiz to get to Manny?

Old 03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Driving in stealth mode

No you hit him in the head!!! I'm not a baseball nut so I don't know who you are referring to.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:36 AM

Red Sox hitter, David Ortiz is a monster hitter. If you avoid pitching to him (playing the odds) by pitching around him and walking him, you face Manny Ramirez, a more feared hitter.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:42 AM
Driving in stealth mode

Ah now that you said the full name I know who you are talking about. Kind of like how they Cubs set up Lee. It's usually the 3\4 hitters isn't it.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Honestly I don't think that disabling the alarm is going to hurt anything. Also if someone disables it and then decides to sell\trade they could go back to the dealer and have it re-activated.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by coolshock1
.... Also if someone disables it and then decides to sell\trade they could go back to the dealer and have it re-activated.

AH! But would they remember to have it re-activated? Or care enough... given the fact that they would be on their way to a brand new car? I have forgotten to take CDs out of CD players, I certainly wouldn't be thinking about setting preferences back to default....especially if it involved dealing with the service dept!

Last edited by jbollt; 03-26-2008 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do any of you realize that if you ignore the warning alarm for about 45 to 60 seconds it will stop on its own. Actually I think it is more like 30 seconds. You could "hate" it for that long and then it is gone until you start the car again. Not recomending this. I wear my seatbelt all the time.

Last edited by acco20; 03-26-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by acco20
Do any of you realize that if you ignore the warning alarm for about 45 to 60 seconds it will stop on its own. Actually I think it is more like 30 seconds. You could "hate" it for that long and then it is gone until you start the car again. Not recomending this. I wear my seatbelt all the time.
You beat me to it! I was going to go out today, and test the timing. You are right on! It's about 45 seconds total...from the time you start the car, drive away, till the dinging stops!

First a few slow dings for about 5 seconds....then silence for 10 seconds, then slow dings become fast for a total of 30 seconds. All together 45 seconds.........And I also wear my seat belts. I'm not gonna take a chance on being thrown from the car and surviving!

Last edited by jbollt; 03-26-2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM

The funny thing is, the focus is so heavy on a PERSON wearing a seatbelt. So far, most people who have asked about this came from a stance that ITEMS do not need to wear a seatbelt. This is my stance. This is why I turned it off. I don't need to hear the alarm for 45 seconds when I stop - go - stop at many different places doing deliveries where the items are on my front seat.

Of course, I could be lying to save face in the eye of such scrutiny, but I fear if I am not believed that might just end up being between God and myself.

There are two issues.

1. A person wearing the seatbelt.
2. An item wearing the seatbelt.

In the first case, honestly, YOU should be accountable for your own safety. IF you need an alarm to help -- go for it -- have an alarm. IF you don't need an alarm -- go for it -- don't have an alarm.

I am just amazed as how something this trivial to each individual post writer (concerning the activity of another) continuously becomes such a heated topic.

Just odd.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
The funny thing is, the focus is so heavy on a PERSON wearing a seatbelt. So far, most people who have asked about this came from a stance that ITEMS do not need to wear a seatbelt. This is my stance. This is why I turned it off. I don't need to hear the alarm for 45 seconds when I stop - go - stop at many different places doing deliveries where the items are on my front seat.

Of course, I could be lying to save face in the eye of such scrutiny, but I fear if I am not believed that might just end up being between God and myself.

There are two issues.

1. A person wearing the seatbelt.
2. An item wearing the seatbelt.

In the first case, honestly, YOU should be accountable for your own safety. IF you need an alarm to help -- go for it -- have an alarm. IF you don't need an alarm -- go for it -- don't have an alarm.

I am just amazed as how something this trivial to each individual post writer (concerning the activity of another) continuously becomes such a heated topic.

Just odd.
Agreed!

Quick Reply: Turning Off Seat Belt Warning (One when moving)

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands