Toyota Canada's Response

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Toyota Canada's Response

I recently ordered a TCH. I travel to the USA and wanted to know how to switch from Farenheit to Celsius and liters/100km to MPG. I got this response this morning.
---------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you for your recent correspondence. We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that the temperature gauge cannot be changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit. The distances from Liters/100km to Miles/Gallon can be changed by an American dealership if the vehicle is being exported to the USA."
------------------------------------------------------------
I thought toyota was in the forefront of technology! My ancient 1999 Ford Explorer LTD lets you switch from MPG to Liters/100km and Farenheit to Celsius at the press of a couple of buttons. So much for expecting more from Toyota!

Old 08-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Toyota Canada's Response

I'm also surprised at that. My '97 Explorer can switch between Celsius and Farenheit. With the two countries bordering on each other it will be useful. However, I think the most important thing is to be able to display speed in mph and kph.

Old 08-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast

I have noticed that for many things, the gauges automatically switch to km and celcius if I choose french as my language, but I assume you don't want all menus in french, unless you are in quebec! This may be an option only available on the nav tho.

Old 08-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I'm actually very surprised at the number of things Toyota either does not allow to be done or says "contact dealer" to have switched. Simple things that should be in the manual to do, what do they think we are all idiots!