Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:52 PM
Convert
Default Re: Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Originally Posted by elmo
HID were aftermarket. 15 mins after installing them yesterday I took the car out to get some lunch and got in an accident! A F-150 p/u turn left in to the front driver's corner of my 5 day old car with only 100kms on it! The only test I did was in my garage, the HID on the one light and halogen on the other the difference was night and day. Having HID's on my other cars the halogens on the TCH looks like I'm only driving with my daytime driving lights.
Ray, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident! Here I am complaining about little dings and scratches. Now that's a serious bummer.

Old 07-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

HID were aftermarket. 15 mins after installing them yesterday I took the car out to get some lunch and got in an accident! A F-150 p/u turn left in to the front driver's corner of my 5 day old car with only 100kms on it! The only test I did was in my garage, the HID on the one light and halogen on the other the difference was night and day. Having HID's on my other cars the halogens on the TCH looks like I'm only driving with my daytime driving lights.
****, soprry about your accident!

Care to share where you got HID for the TCHG, were they mail order?

Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Enthusiast

I got this set through ebay. There's a bunch of places to order them on the Internet. Just make sure that it fit's our TCH's H11. Otherwise it just plugs in to the factory socket and I mounted the ballast in a factory hole. So nothing was modified on the car.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

hybrid_dsl: The fog light switch is integrated into the light switch stalk on the XLE's there is no dash switch.

Kluken: I agree with you that the law says the dealer has to prove that what you did caused the malfunction but if something in your electrical system goes wrong after installing an electrical component who knows what kind of fight you would be in for with them. Granted if the ICE dies they can't say fog lights were the cause but if for some reason a part of the hybrid system dies they may well be able to say the extra 60w load added to the light circuit caused an overload or something...

Old 07-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bumzyman
I’ve looked into this a little so far and the XLE light stalk does have a fog position that we do not have on the TCH. I’ve talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought mine and I am bringing the car in this Saturday so they can check to see if the plug configuration is the same on the TCH. If it is their going to order the parts that I need. They have been asked the fog light question a bunch of times already so I think the rep was as eager to find out as me. More money for the dealers if they can offer it to everyone I guess.

They made sure to point out to me that I can not add anything electrical to my own vehicle without voiding the warranty and that I would “have” to have the dealer install the fog lights or anything else for that matter. I don’t know if they can arbitrarily void your warranty for installing fog lights but I sure as heck don’t want to risk it.

As soon as I have confirmation and a total price with installation I will post the info here.
Any word yet, I am chomping at the bit to get driving lights in my 1 day old TCH, car just does not seem complete with those dumb black knock outs there.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got this set through ebay. There's a bunch of places to order them on the Internet. Just make sure that it fit's our TCH's H11. Otherwise it just plugs in to the factory socket and I mounted the ballast in a factory hole. So nothing was modified on the car.
Hey Elmo,

Sorry to hear about the accident.
I'm interested in putting HID's on my TCH, as I live in the suburban part of town and driving home get's pretty dark (no street lights) and lots of critters and deer like to walk out on the road.

I've been checking out a few sights like blinglights and xenondepot. From what I've been able to deduce, its looking like Washington state may allow 4300K type HID lights.. anything above that may not be legal. I haven't found it in writing but it just *seems* like that's what it is.

Anyways, how did your conversion go? I'm curious to know where you put the ballast(s) on your TCH.

Thanks!

Old 10-02-2006, 02:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kluken
Any word yet, I am chomping at the bit to get driving lights in my 1 day old TCH, car just does not seem complete with those dumb black knock outs there.
Agreed 100%

Old 10-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast

Hey Geckoboy,

I ended buying the 4300k kit from Xenon Depot the 2nd time round. The quality is night and day better than my first ebay kit which required hacking to fit. The connectors were wrong. I did modify the xenon depot kit so it only required plugging into the factory plug. The kit came with harness that connects directly to the battery. After studying the electricial wiring diagrams I decided that it was not necessary. Plus it makes the install pretty much invisble. I mounted my ballast under the front bumper area in a factory hole and factory bolt. I would highly recommend this kit.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Geckoboy,

I ended buying the 4300k kit from Xenon Depot the 2nd time round. The quality is night and day better than my first ebay kit which required hacking to fit. The connectors were wrong. I did modify the xenon depot kit so it only required plugging into the factory plug. The kit came with harness that connects directly to the battery. After studying the electricial wiring diagrams I decided that it was not necessary. Plus it makes the install pretty much invisble. I mounted my ballast under the front bumper area in a factory hole and factory bolt. I would highly recommend this kit.
Hi Elmo,

Did you get the H11 4300K Kit from xenondepot? I believe the TCH's use H11 type bulbs, so the connector *should* just plug in.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast

The H11 from xenondepot fit perfect. My 1st H11 from ebay had issues with the connectors.

Quick Reply: Is there a fog/driving lights kit for the TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands