TCH price increase

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default TCH price increase

Good news guys, I just read in another forum that Toyota will increase base MSRP of TCH by $300 starting November 1st. Can anybody confirm that? That would be in addition to tax credit being lowered by $1300 as of today. I also read some very interesting comment claiming that the price increase is to help GM and Ford sell it's cars in the fear of anti-import sentiment and possible new laws from our Congress.

Old 10-01-2006, 12:22 PM
WVGasGuy
Default Re: TCH price increase

I also read some very interesting comment claiming that the price increase is to help GM and Ford sell it's cars in the fear of anti-import sentiment and possible new laws from our Congress.

I'm guessing Toyota is not that generous. Beisdes a $300 advantage won't help Ford and GM. They already have to discount and rebate cars to 1000's less than Toyota to sell their cars. Most folks purchasing Toyota won't be interested in saving the $300 enough to sway them to Ford or GM

Old 10-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons

If there's a price increase in the TCH - it may very well be to help offest the costs of moving the production to American plants.

In terms on anti-American sentiment - I used to think of Toyota as simply another import. When I saw the 75% American Content on a 2007 Camry that was built here in the USA I realized that these cars are actually more American than the Chrysler PT Cruiser we own which was built in Mexico or the Chevy Truck that was built in Canada..

Also - Why would a price increase be "Good news" ??? You lost me on that one..

Old 10-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep, there's a lot of resentment to importing those Camrys from Kentucky, Nissans from Tennessee and Missippi, and those Hyundais from Alabama. We want everyone to buy Fords and GM products from right here in Georgia. That is, until next year when the Ford and GM plants close and production moves to Canada and Mexico.
The truth is that no matter where the auto companies were founded, they are all INTERNATIONAL in scope. Big-foot is correct, many of the "Japanese" and other import brands are made here with American made parts, assembled by American workers. In the meantime the mantra of the BIG 3 is "wait 'til next year 'cause we're getting better. We'll have a great car by 2009.

(i'll get down from my soapbox now)

Old 10-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

We have a rumor circulating here in Indiana that Toyota is planning to utilize a Suburu plant in Lafayette, In to build 200,000 Camry's a year. That represents jobs, improves the economy and makes LOTS of Camry's available for us.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:38 AM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by Al Froio
We want everyone to buy Fords and GM products from right here in Georgia. That is, until next year when the Ford and GM plants close and production moves to Canada and Mexico.
Just as an FYI, there are no assembly lines being moved from USA to Canada. Canada has been losing BIG 3 plants and shedding auto workers at about the same rate proportionally as in the US. The only positive news here lately is that GM is going to start building the new Camaro at it's only Canadian car assembly line complex just outside of Toronto. That autocomplex has 1 truck plant and two car plants, one of which is closing. The Camaro will be added to the 1st car plant which will be updated to handle multiple vehicle types. They currently build the Impala at that car plant. The previous Camaro, before it was retired, was also built in Canada, and that assembly plant is long gone now.

We also gain the occcasional Toyota or Honda plant, again about the same rate proportionally as they build them in the US. The RX350, Matrix, and Corolla are built here among other places.

Old 10-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by WillyBill
We have a rumor circulating here in Indiana that Toyota is planning to utilize a Suburu plant in Lafayette, In to build 200,000 Camry's a year. That represents jobs, improves the economy and makes LOTS of Camry's available for us.
More that a rumor. It was announced over 6 months ago. I was concerned quality might suffer but Consumer Reports doesn't think quality will degrade as a result of the Subaru deal.
J

Old 10-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My friend has a 07 Subaru Legeacy and it is a nice solid built car so far. Resale value sucks at best though.