Ford games - $900 mid year price increase?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ford games - $900 mid year price increase?

I'm picking up my 08 FEH early next week. I ordered 8/15 and feel somewhat fortunate my order took *only* 12 weeks.

However, my window sticker from blue oval forums reflects a $900 price increase. I emailed my salesperson who said I *should* have price protection; I have a written, signed contract and have placed a $1000 deposit as well.

However, several posters in the FEH yahoo group said that Ford's ordering "fine print" states price increases can occur at any time and can be passed along to the customer. I don't know when this price increase went into effect, but the date looks to be about 10/1.

Considering my dealer has over *60* regular Escapes on his lot, if my dealer jacks me around, I may opt for one. The $1900 additional FEH cost ($900 increase and no $1000 rebate) is about my tax credit and the delta may be $5000-$6000 considering I can get a regular escape below invoice...

Has anyone had to pay this increase after picking up their FEH (or MMH)?

Old 11-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Default Re: Ford games - $900 mid year price increase?

Originally Posted by teperilloux
I'm picking up my 08 FEH early next week. I ordered 8/15 and feel somewhat fortunate my order took *only* 12 weeks.

I think it was January 1, '05 there was a $500 price increase while I was waiting for delivery. My FEH was built shortly after that date and I had to pay it also. I was told by my broker at my Credit Union of the price increase as he was notified by the fleet manager at the dealership. My choice was the same as you, but I paid the increase after looking at the order sheet and seeing that note about increases. It's not your dealers fault, it's just how Ford does business. The window sticker should show the increase in the base price when you pick up the vehicle, mine did.

GaryG

Old 11-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

NO. I ordered 6/28. Ford owed me for taking such a long time on the order.

I drove a regular Mariner vs. a Hybrid. NO comparison. If you dont by a Hybrid, I would suggest to upsize a little bit to one of the better handling vehicles.

The regular gas Mariner 4 Cyl has NO power.

The V6 gets no gas mileage.

Both had spongy unresponsive breaks, and sloppy steering. In my opionon.

Really they should have called the hybrid something different. Its really a different class of vehicle.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pb5927317
I think it was January 1, '05 there was a $500 price increase while I was waiting for delivery. My FEH was built shortly after that date and I had to pay it also. I was told by my broker at my Credit Union of the price increase as he was notified by the fleet manager at the dealership. My choice was the same as you, but I paid the increase after looking at the order sheet and seeing that note about increases. It's not your dealers fault, it's just how Ford does business. The window sticker should show the increase in the base price when you pick up the vehicle, mine did.

GaryG
FEH base price was already increased $200 this year, and now another $900 makes it $1100 increase.

/Rant on
Listen, I could understand a mid year price increase IF delivery times were reasonable and they hadn't eliminated the paltry $500 rebate. "How Ford does business?" I think it's terrible business practice to take advantage of consumers by increasing the price of a durable good for those who have had items on order for 16 or 20 or even 24 weeks.

Of course Ford has calculated that most will probably still pay and a few might cancel. It still stinks.
Rant off/

On my signed purchase agreement, there is no fine print. I'm not opposed to walking on this - I can always pick up a foreign crossover. I've never owned an American vehicle and there are plenty of other options available.

I have no order sheet - only the Dora and the signed price quote. What is this order sheet?

Last edited by teperilloux; 11-03-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

If your dealer is respected by Ford, they will get you the correct pricing. Like I said, my dealer had to make a phone call, but they were able to get it.

I wonder if increasing production has been the main reason for production cost.

Honestly, Ford has been the worst company I have dealt with on a new purchase. I am used to getting employee pricing, then followed by 3-4k worth of rebates, and if my Chrysler dealer was extra hungry for a sale, he could get some awsome finance terms.

With Ford its like a whole 1-2k off and you should be so glad you didnt pay invoice. And interest rates, we are Ford why would we help you purchase your vehicle.

I really like the Mariner. I like my local dealer.

But in the future, as soon as Chrysler makes some fuel efficient vehicles, I will likely return to them.

Hold out strong on what your sales agreement says.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:45 PM

FEH base price was already increased $200 this year, and now another $900 makes it $1100 increase.

/Rant on
Listen, I could understand a mid year price increase IF delivery times were reasonable and they hadn't eliminated the paltry $500 rebate. "How Ford does business?" I think it's terrible business practice to take advantage of consumers by increasing the price of a durable good for those who have had items on order for 16 or 20 or even 24 weeks.

Of course Ford has calculated that most will probably still pay and a few might cancel. It still stinks.
Rant off/

On my signed purchase agreement, there is no fine print. I'm not opposed to walking on this - I can always pick up a foreign crossover. I've never owned an American vehicle and there are plenty of other options available.

I have no order sheet - only the Dora and the signed price quote. What is this order sheet?
Just checked some of the paperwork I kept and it was called 2005 ORDER RECEIPT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT-PD. The base price then was $26,380.00. Looking at my sticker, base price was $26,780 which was a $400 increase, not $500 like I thought. At any rate, I ordered a $26,380 based priced vehicle and ended up with a $26,780 based priced vehicle after it was built.

All and all, I got the best deal of my life.

GaryG

Old 11-05-2007, 11:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pb5927317
With Ford its like a whole 1-2k off and you should be so glad you didnt pay invoice. And interest rates, we are Ford why would we help you purchase your vehicle.
I paid X-plan, plus I still got 0% Ford financing, on my '07.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:45 AM

I think it's terrible business practice to take advantage of consumers by increasing the price of a durable good for those who have had items on order for 16 or 20 or even 24 weeks.

Supply and demand setting pricing is at the foundation of capitalism and free enterprise.

If hybrids are in short supply, then it would be negligent for Ford to not raise prices. And keep raising them until backlog orders drop from 20 weeks to, say, 8 weeks. That's the American way.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Supply and demand setting pricing is at the foundation of capitalism and free enterprise.

If hybrids are in short supply, then it would be negligent for Ford to not raise prices. And keep raising them until backlog orders drop from 20 weeks to, say, 8 weeks. That's the American way.
Agreed...theres nothing "wrong" with it... unless one has signed a piece of paper setting the price somehow or put down some sort of deposit. However I don't expect it to make the customer happy.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

However, my window sticker from blue oval forums reflects a $900 price increase. I emailed my salesperson who said I *should* have price protection; I have a written, signed contract and have placed a $1000 deposit as well.

However, several posters in the FEH yahoo group said that Ford's ordering "fine print" states price increases can occur at any time and can be passed along to the customer. I don't know when this price increase went into effect, but the date looks to be about 10/1.

Considering my dealer has over *60* regular Escapes on his lot, if my dealer jacks me around, I may opt for one. The $1900 additional FEH cost ($900 increase and no $1000 rebate) is about my tax credit and the delta may be $5000-$6000 considering I can get a regular escape below invoice...

Are you locked into buying this vehicle no matter what?

My local Ford dealer just so happens to have the EXACT FEH I would have built on their lot (I view this as a sign that it's time for me to get one finally). I just discovered this and am seriously considering it. However, even their sales people were very blunt - given our current economy, given the lack of big ticket item sales (like homes and cars) and given Ford's current woes (equal to that of the other big car manufacturers), Ford is desperate to sell their vehicles. The sales people are knocking thousands off the car (selling it at MSRP) and completely covering what I owe on my current vehicle. They are also looking for the best possible interest rate. I bet if i pushed, I could get even more.

So if Ford or your dealership is really increasing the price, fight back. You might just win in some fashion!

Quick Reply: Ford games - $900 mid year price increase?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands