TCH boring?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 02:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: TCH boring?!

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
If you want a super exciting hybrid you should wait until this:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/volta.html
The Volta is such a beautiful car. But I'm sure if it ever makes it into production, it will be priced like any other supercar... meaning too much for most of us. But Toyota makes a pretty good performance hybrid right now that many of us can afford... Lexus GS450h.
http://www.lexus.com/models/GSh/

Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's a camry, it's suppose to be boring. If you want excitement, get a Mini.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
The Volta is such a beautiful car. But I'm sure if it ever makes it into production, it will be priced like any other supercar... meaning too much for most of us. But Toyota makes a pretty good performance hybrid right now that many of us can afford... Lexus GS450h.
http://www.lexus.com/models/GSh/
We can? Hmm, I think I need my salary doubled.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 PM
TCH 2007 newbie May 07

Please explain why you bought a car you do not like?

Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Enthusiast

I'm 26, and a computer nerd. I sold my '99 GMC Sierra in order to get my TCH. Boring, well, that all depends on how you look at it. Would I have more fun in a BMW 335i, sure, but the insurance would be killer. I'd love to be driving a diesel truck, but the fuel cost would be too high. Camero, Mustang, Charger, they are all fun, but they just cost too much these days. My buddy has a '03 Z71, he spends twice as much a week in fuel, so when we go to the bars, or want to buy something, he has to reconsider, because he has to make sure he can fill the tank and get to work. To me that's boring.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My GM POS was a VERY exciting car. I never new where it would take a dump or in what sort of spectacular fashion it would occur.

I'm ready for 'boring' thank you.

BTW, the TCH is actually fairly quick. But with a CVT trans you just don't get that satisfying lurch as the gears wind out. It just goes.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

We test drove and researched about 20 different vehicles before we bought my TCH earlier this month. One of them was the Honda Fit. I was interested in the car because of the flexibility of the car, good gas mileage and the Honda reliability. While the Honda Fit is a nice car for the money, we both thought it was very noisy on acceleration. Didn't matter whether it was for freeway or hills. I had the window down and the engine noise was enough that I couldn't hear my husband talking to me from the passenger seat. ICK! To get a new one here in the SF Bay Area meant wait time of several weeks and you had to take what was available to the dealer according to our salesperson. I also felt the ride was a bit rough which I noticed thruout the Honda vehicles we test drove.

So, please test drive the Fit again before giving up on the TCH. While no car is absolutely totally perfect for everyone, I think you might be surprised on your second test drive. On our first test drive of the Honda Civic EX, my DH and I really liked it and the only annoyance was that I wanted red exterior with grey interior and that isn't available in the 07 Civic line. But when we took the car for a spin with my husband driving it up some good hills, well, ick, the headache I had from the bad headrests was enough to scratch this car off my list.

MHO, OC

Karen

Old 06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Two words - MINI Cooper. Great FE, and a hoot to drive. Get an S if you want to waste more gas.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You all do realize this thread was started back in October of last year...

Old 06-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just go get a fast bike! (motorcycle) Great gas mileage, better accelleration than a sports car Definately not boring. Best part is you can drive around the hybrid during the winter months if you live somewhere cold.