Tax rebate

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Tax rebate

I bought my TCH on August 22nd, and I am clueless as to how I go about getting my tax rebate. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks,

Jesse

Old 09-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tax rebate

Originally Posted by jessenj
I bought my TCH on August 22nd, and I am clueless as to how I go about getting my tax rebate. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks,

Jesse
When you file your federal income taxes next April (2007) there will be a form to fill out for the Hybrid purchase. The "rebate" you mention is actually a tax credit, and will be subtracted from your tax obligation at that time.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by jessenj

Thanks,

Jesse
Do a search for "tax credit" and you will find multiple threads about how to claim your tax credit, including what IRS forms to fill out.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Tax rebate

Dear Jesse,

When you file your return for 2006, you will fill out and attach Form 8910, which allows the calculation of the credit. The credit - after being calculated on the Form - will be entered on line 55 of your Form 1040 return.

Here is a link to the current Form 8910:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8910.pdf

Old 09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Does anyone know if there is any state tax credit for NC if someone purchases a 2007 TCH before 9/30/06 ... besides the federal tax credit???

Old 09-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Re: Tax rebate

A quick internet search indicates probably not. There were bills pending in both houses of the NC legislature in 2005, but I see no evidence that they were passed, and there are no links to current sites with info on a NC state tax credit or deduction (as one would expect).

I also searched the NC Department of Revenue site for "hybrid" and "alternative fuel"...nothing.

Don't take this as gospel, but it doesn't look good.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:00 PM

http://www.hybridcars.com/incentives.html

I had bookmarked this one a while back, but it has been changed since then. I see no listing for NC. They used to show stuff that was pending in other states (like Michigan). Michigan had some pending legislation, but it has been stalled in a finance committee for a year and a half.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here's another site. It looks like there is nothing for NC yet.

http://go.ucsusa.org/hybridcenter/incentives.cfm

Old 09-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks to all your responses I received, but I still can not believe after all the heavy state taxes in NC the state does not honor the hybrid vehicle. Just by owning the beauty 2007 TCH I have to pay every year vehicle property state tax close to $400 ...

Old 09-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, that really sucks. But, come to think of it, all states have their ways of extracting tax dollars from the ol' wallet. NJ has horrendous property taxes (each successive administration promises "reform" but it never seems to go down), a state income tax and 7% sales tax. In addition, I get no state tax benefit from purchasing a hybrid.

Like it or not, the cost of state government (well-run or not) falls squarely on our backs.

Quick Reply: Tax rebate

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands