Starter Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Starter Problem

I have owned my TCH for a mere 2 days, but on taking delivery I had one of the fobs in the car and was using the other to try and open the door and it would not work, though the car would still start (the extra fob was in the backseat however). It took me a while to realize that the interference I was getting was from my own fab, rather than from an external source. When I removed the extra fob from the vicinity all was well.

You mentioned that "your wife tried to start it with her fob." Were both of you there with your fobs the whole time with the starter/locking issue by that store? Could that have possibly been the problem?

-Jake

Old 01-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

I always get interference and the "key not detected" message when my cell phone is placed in the center console and any of the car doors opens at a stop. As soon I move it, the message clears and everything returns to normal.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast

I had just bought a cable to run my Ipod throught the speaker system and used it that day - wonder if that was a part of the problem as well? It was on the center console. And my wife and I were both there with our fobs, but we've done that numerous times with no problem.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goallda
I had just bought a cable to run my Ipod throught the speaker system and used it that day - wonder if that was a part of the problem as well? It was on the center console. And my wife and I were both there with our fobs, but we've done that numerous times with no problem.
I don't think this could contribute to the problem. When I test drove the TCH I brought my iPod and "tested" it while driving and didn't encounter that problem...

Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by Goallda
I bet it could. The front zone transmitter/receiver to detect the key is in the front of the center console. Probably why cell phone guy also had an issue.