Speed and Reverse Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Speed and Reverse Sensors

I need to buy a good quality of Speed and Reverse Sensors (Parking sensors) for Camry hybrid 2007 with Navigation system.
Please advise which kind to be used (type & modle No.), and from which Web Site I can buy

Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Speed and Reverse Sensors

Rostra has all of the Toyota colors, I do not have the model numbers at work but this company is very helpful, they will walk you through it. Have your paint code color available when you call 800-225-5568 I believe the parts are about 165 delivered and then I had them installed about 2 hours labor.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Would either of you guys mind if I asked what in the hell you were talking about??????

Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

The original question simply stated where can I buy the back up sensors, I answered that, if installed in the front bumper they are also deactivaed above 5 mph hence speed sensors in stop and go traffic.

Last edited by LouBeck; 09-03-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-03-2010, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LouBeck
Rostra has all of the Toyota colors, I do not have the model numbers at work but this company is very helpful, they will walk you through it. Have your paint code color available when you call 800-225-5568 I believe the parts are about 165 delivered and then I had them installed about 2 hours labor.
Originally Posted by LouBeck
The original question simply stated where can I buy the back up sensors, I answered that, if installed in the front bumper they are also deactivaed above 5 mph hence speed sensors in stop and go traffic.
Forgive me for saying so, but where in your first post do you say anything about back up sensors? Not only that but why would a backup sensor be installed on a front bumper? The speed sensors are located on each wheel and are part of the ABS and traction control system....

Old 09-03-2010, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

They are installed on many cars on the front cars / vans with poor foreward visability, or if you are really short. Nothing was said in any of the posts about traction contol. The original question was asking about parking sensors, I did not think I need to restate the question in my answer. Backup sensors do have a spped sensor so they deactivate at 5 MPH, call that number I mentioned. It is getting late, and this is getting stupid.