Some newbie questions (mostly nav related)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Some newbie questions (mostly nav related)

Hi Tideland Prius, I have a razor V3C on the Telus network and have not had any issues except one (more on that later). All I did was (on the razor) go to the "Main Menu" then "Settings" then "Connection" then "Bluetooth Link" then "setup" then change "power" to "On".

In the Camry, I just followed the prompts to pair the phone to the car.

The only problem I've encountered was last night when I left the phone in the car and it drained from a full charge to nothing overnight. I suspect the Bluetooth such my phone dry.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pete4
Can you give me specific example of location where it won't guide you no more? Could be shopping center, park, anything that you know for the fact it won't have guidance. I have never encountered such issue and was wondering what the problem was. I will be in Virginia Beach in September but that probably has pretty good coverage and should be no problem.
Virginia Beach (Norfolk/Portsmouth/Hampton Roads) area is fully covered.

Problem comes up in my neck of the woods (small town -- King George, just outside of Fredericksburg, south of DC). Here, the main roads are supported (US 301/VA Rte 3/206/205 etc. However, many side residential roads are not that well supported. The roads are displayed, the mapping/directional database is not available.

There is a screen on the NAV screen that shows areas that are fully covered by the database. I forget which menu buttons to push right now, but if you can't find the hoops to jump through to find it, either PM me or put another request in and if your question isn't answered Wed PM, I'll go out to my car and check.

Last edited by JHSmith; 07-31-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beng
Hi Tideland Prius, I have a razor V3C on the Telus network and have not had any issues except one (more on that later). All I did was (on the razor) go to the "Main Menu" then "Settings" then "Connection" then "Bluetooth Link" then "setup" then change "power" to "On".

In the Camry, I just followed the prompts to pair the phone to the car.

The only problem I've encountered was last night when I left the phone in the car and it drained from a full charge to nothing overnight. I suspect the Bluetooth such my phone dry.
Hey Beng,

thanks. Yeah I tried that but maybe it's just my handset. I'll try it when we get the car (might be a while though....). Oh and yeah, BT drains the battery on the V3s like there's no tomorrow. You'll be charging almost every day or every other day.

Originally Posted by jivey
Tideland Prius...I am not sure if this will help with your phone problem, but you may want to make sure it is set to always be visible by other BT devices. I have mine set this way and hop right in my car (not touching the phone) and it connects perfectly. This is one of my favorite features, since I have never had a car with built in BT. I hope this helps...sorry if it doesn't.
I'll look for that on my phone. I know there's a "power on" option but that never seems to keep it on. Maybe it's (finally) time to read the phone's manual

Originally Posted by Pepsi
I actually find the 3D view useless. Why not look out the windshield for that view? I can make out street names in real life better than the 3D view in most nav systems.
Simple. The view on the nav is more similar to your view out the windshield than a 2D display.