Mostly Good News, except for a security glitch.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mostly Good News, except for a security glitch.

I found it very helpful to read through these threads before purchasing my NAH in order to make an better informed decision. So, I want to relate my experience with the car after its first week of service.

Let me first say, the car is great. I got 34.5 mpg on the first tank, in mostly city driving. The ride is firm. The car handles well. The BOSE audio is excellent. Bluetooth works great. I did not get the NAV system, so I can't comment on that. I do recommend the connection package that is installed.

Now to the downside... On Christmas eve, I hopped in to the car and to my surprise, IT WOULDN'T START. The problem had something to do with the security mechanism. I was able to open the car with the remote device, but I couldn't start the car. After about 1/2 hour of tinkering with it (following the instructions in the owner's manual and trying the other key fob), I gave up. The next morning, the car started with no problem. It was as if the security problem had gone away!

Now the car works fine, except that their is a little green key light on the panel that won't go away. I am going to take the car in to the dealer tomorrow. The dealer told me that they need to look at the system from a laptop and may possibly need to re-sync the key fobs.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a way to avoid this in the future? Is there a way to fix the problem without involving the dealer?

Old 12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mostly Good News, except for a security glitch.

Bobrady...

I had not heard of that problem. By your mileage, I am guessing you are in a warmer climate or it has been around 50 degrees or above. My NAH is just shy of a month old. Also works well but I do see the affect of winter on the MPG. I guess I shouldn't complain to much as the current mpg is 33.3 with below freezing temps. I do baby it.

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dumb question... but what did you have in your pocket with the key fob? Cell phones and key fobs don't mix.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well hopefully he had his key fob updated or he has a new 2008 that didn't have that problem. At least I don't with my 2008.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Enthusiast

It is possible that the key fob and cell phone were in the vacinity of each other at some point. I do have the 2008 NAH, so I'm hoping that isn't a problem.