So what are you getting now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default So what are you getting now?

Just curious to know what everyone is getting for fuel mileage now that the weather has turned warmer? My last tank was 43.4 MPG calculated. The MFD showed 44.1. This was about 50/50 (city/hwy).

What did everyone get on their last tank of gas?

Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: So what are you getting now?

I'm about 450 miles into this tank and am at 45.0 MPG on the MFD.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am still stuck around 37 mpg overall, and I am what I consider to be a real feather-foot. I don't rush to red lights, and I tend to coast a lot. I am starting to wonder if those that say to "accelerate hard" up to speed and then use light pedal pressure to maintain speed are right. I still get around 40 to 42 mpg per trip after warm-up.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I filled up yesterday ( $3.35/gallon ouch! ) with 702 miles on the tank. 46.4 mpg on the MFD. Filled up with 15.5 gallons, and calculated 45.3 mpg. Past 3 tanks have all been over 45 mpg. Got to love the warmer weather.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Active Enthusiast

Last tank was 37.1 calculated and 37.5 on the dash. This was mostly due to long trips doing well over 70 mph (cannot disclose actual numbers).

Current MFD is 41.3 I might end up with my best tank ever (Finally over 40mpg!!!).

Old 05-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

Im at 550 this tank and the car just hit e. Im hoping to get really close to 600 miles before I fill up. Last tank before this one was 547, tank before that was 528.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm at 510 right now, and the light just came on. The dash is saying 41.4 mpg. I'm thinking I realistically have 75-100 miles left. Tank before this one was 560 (40 mpg calc), and before that was 507.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

Last tank displayed 50.5 mpg (48.6 calculated). With about 225 miles into this tank I'm at 52.5 mpg. Afternoon temps are in the upper 80's to low 90's here in Florida. I think this is the warmest weather the car has seen since the engine was broken in. Hopefully I won't see too big of a hit when the rainy season comes.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 AM
Enthusiast

I have definitely seen my mileage improve with the warmer weather. I live in a four season area, so looked forward to this phenomenon, having bought my car in the dead of winter. My overall mileage during the time I've had the car is 36.5 mpg. Best tank: 43.1, when temp was around 60 degrees, worst: 27.5 and temperatures around 30 degrees.

I should mention that my 'best tanks' are more like my best half tanks, as I refill my tank when it is half gone. While I imagine it would be fun to be able to boast about having traveled over 560 miles on a tank of gas, I'm more interested in making sure I never run out of gas again. PLUS the gas prices just keep going up, so if I buy it this week, it will be cheaper than if I wait until next week.

Going back to mileage, I got around 50 mpg last week driving on level roads at moderate speeds in balmy temperatures for a half hour, and I sometimes get 99.99 showing for a little while if I start down a hill soon after getting gas.

The TCH has been a great car, and as someone described it, a constant source of fun too, as it is like an ongoing video game. You get in the habit of watching your car's feedback so you can keep improving your averages. If you are married to a considerate spouse, even he will get into the act. Mine drives my car more moderately than he drives his own non hybrid, just to keep my averages the same or even improve them.

Happy hybrid driving!

Old 05-04-2007, 07:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just had my best tank ever at 36.9 MPG. This is due in no small part to my mainly interstate, cruise set at 70, and AC on, mode of driving. If I manage a lifetime avg of 35 or more, I will be a happy man!

Quick Reply: So what are you getting now?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands