Smart Key Auto Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Advanced Technology-PZEV
Default Re: Smart Key Auto Unlock

Originally Posted by Droid13
Does your friend have one of those icy cold and clammy handshakes?
Not really, i mean my hands work fine with my car, so i took his keys put em in my pocket (just like my keys) and i tried it, no it wont work i guess the sensor isnt working on it.

Old 09-26-2006, 01:41 PM
TCH-Frosted Mink

Hee, ... Toyota leaves that on purpose for their ES350.

Originally Posted by FL07THC
I wish there was a sensor in the back doors too that would unlock those. .

Old 09-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast

How do you reprogram to get all of the doors to unlock? I guess I should RTFM.

:-)

Originally Posted by flopshot
I'm confused as to what you are trying to tell us.

Your car is working correctly. You must touch the inside of the door handle to open the locks, that is where the sensor is located. Touching the outside of the handle does nothing.

If you are saying that your friends car does not unlock when touching the inside, then your friend has a faulty sensor on the door handle, or the option for unlocking the doors has the wrong setting and needs to be reprogrammed.

But if you are saying that your friends car also unlocks when touching the outside of the door handle, then he has a special car, because it's not supposed to do that!

Old 09-27-2006, 08:51 AM
TCH-Frosted Mink

According to my Canadian manual page 40, it says" Hold the LOCK, ALARM and TRUCK buttons on the remote together for 5 seconds then release." You should hear 2 beeps after.

I tried last night and it worked.

This unlock ALL doors at the same time once you touch the driver door which is a bit different than the system on ES350. ES350 has the little 'black' thing on each door and only unlock when your passenger touch that door.

Originally Posted by spam2000
How do you reprogram to get all of the doors to unlock? I guess I should RTFM.

:-)

Old 09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: Smart Key Auto Unlock

DUDE!!! You are the man. It works beautifully. I really appreciate your help.

Originally Posted by TorontoTCH
According to my Canadian manual page 40, it says" Hold the LOCK, ALARM and TRUCK buttons on the remote together for 5 seconds then release." You should hear 2 beeps after.

This unlock ALL doors at the same time once you touch the driver door which is a bit different than the system on ES350. ES350 has the little 'black' thing on each door and only unlock when your passenger touch that door.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Have to be honest....

I'm not real thrilled with the system. I think its unneccesarry and at times kind of a pain. Sometimes I want the car just to lock. I ran into a situation the other day when I had to drop the key, and had to park right where the key was dropped. Just what happened? The car wouldn't lock because it was sensing the key. (Well, it locked, but then if you touched the handle it would open).

Just seems more trouble than its worth. Thanks for the tip on unlocking all doors though, I will change that.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TorontoTCH

One more enthusiast with a thank you

Old 09-27-2006, 04:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I was thinking that the sensor on the inside of the handle is a capacitive touch sensor. However, the thermal one might explain the delay if you are wearing gloves. I don't know if a capacitive one would work with gloves on your hands. Come to think of it, does this thing work when you have HEAVY mittens on? Just curious!