Auto door unlock

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Auto door unlock

Hi,

How do I program to unlock all 4 doors in 2006 Civic hybrid? The manual talks only about the drivers door.

Thanks

Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Auto door unlock

We think this is not possible on the 2006 model. Some 2007 HCH2 owners say it IS a feature on them, but their steps do not work for the 2006 HCH2. Bummer. They must've upgraded the sofware on the chip to allow it for 2007. Many people here do not like that only the driver's door unlocks (me included).
There are messages on this board talking all about it. Use search to find 'em.
And welcome!

Old 12-05-2006, 08:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

Not a feature on 2006.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ad.php?t=11097

I have seen some discussion on a Ridgeline forum that some of the trucks that were supposed to come with that feature did not - seems there was some kind of fuse box changeout that allowed for the feature.

Last edited by kpalmal; 12-05-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

My car unlocks all the doors at the push of a button (on the remote)

This of course is because i drive the version you all dream of. A pearl Black euro version, with a delicous leather interior.

Sorry i'm enjoying may car to much, it's my first week.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlueVFRank
My car unlocks all the doors at the push of a button (on the remote)

This of course is because i drive the version you all dream of. A pearl Black euro version, with a delicous leather interior.

Sorry i'm enjoying may car to much, it's my first week.
I'm not sure you understood the question. We all have the key fobs which unlock all of the doors. I believe that califdude was refering to the ability of the car to unlock all doors when the ignition was turned off or the car was put in Park, etc.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by shoebox303
I'm not sure you understood the question. We all have the key fobs which unlock all of the doors. I believe that califdude was refering to the ability of the car to unlock all doors when the ignition was turned off or the car was put in Park, etc.
I think Blue may be intoxicated by the aroma of his new leather interior

Old 12-06-2006, 03:19 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shoebox303
Hmm, my car doesn't auto lock.
I can lock all the doors from the inside by locking the drivers door. and an passenger can then open his or her door seperatly.

When unlocking the door with the remote, without opening the doors will auto lock after 30 seconds.

Hope i've covered al the options.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gumby
I think Blue may be intoxicated by the aroma of his new leather interior

High on life (and my new Hybrid)

Old 12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Blue -

Not quite all the options - you missed 6! Even on the 2006 you can "program" the vehicle to unlock just the drivers door when you put the car in Park OR when you turn the key to position I (you can also deactivate this feature).

You can also program it to lock all the doors either when the car hits 9 mph OR when you move the shift out of P (you can also deactivate this feature).

See pp. 81-85 in the 2006 Owner's Manual.

Old 12-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

kpalmal

I haven't found these options in my euro version. i'll have to try these out. I've already read the us manual before i got my hybrid so i'll give it a try

Quick Reply: Auto door unlock

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands