Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

A related post: FYI

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...all-tsb-20818/

Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Don R.

I got my letter from Toyota Canada today.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

I heard about the recall from reading this board a few weeks ago and called my dealer asking for an appointment. They were apparently unaware of this as I was the first to notify them. The service advisor looked up the recall number I provided and checked with the parts department for availability. He then ordered the part and it came in after 2 weeks. I received my letter from Toyota yesterday informing me of the recall. I have an appointment to drop it off tonight and obtain a free loaner while it is in for the work.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

Dropping mine off at the dealer tomorrow morning. I'm due for an oil change anyway, so knocking out two things with one visit. I really hope they don't mess anything else up!

Old 03-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Re: Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

I am on my way to pick up the car after having the recall performed ...I will post the results later...hope that everything is OK too....They did an alignment as part of the recall so I hope the car tracks straight and the steering wheel is centered.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Picked my car up on Monday after having the recall performed no issues, car tracks just fine, steering wheel centered.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

The work was performed well..at least I think so..the alignment is better than when new..had the tires rotated also...good job Libertyville Toyota Illinois(Autonation affiliate).

Old 03-04-2009, 02:25 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Had mine done a week or so ago. It was a "non-event". Steering and general handling seem exactly the same. I used to have a very small bit of noise when cranking wheel hard from one side to other while parking (like the sound of a tie wrap being pulled closed in between two thick pillows). Not sure if its still there or not because it was hard to notice in the first place and usually easier to hear when it was warm outside for some reason.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Got the car back yesterday. I haven't driven it yet (wife picked it up) but my wife says she can't notice any difference in anything (that's a good thing). They took right around 6 hours to complete the work so we didn't have to leave it there overnight (dropped it off at 7am). I'll report back if any new or weird issues develop.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

Had my Service Campaign 90A done yeserday. Perfect job!! When it comes to Toyota "the best surprise is no surprise". My wife's 95 Avalon is like new with only regular maintainence, an a/c compressor, and gaskets/belts replaced. My TCH is the best car I've owned out of more than 20, including some that cost over $50,000. Unless Toyota/Lexus does something stupid, guess what my next car will be.

Quick Reply: Service Campaign 90A (Steering link Replacement) Information

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands