Screen Protector for the NAV?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Screen Protector for the NAV?

anyone since use this and what size have u used?

Old 06-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Enthusiast

I found a custom screen protector on eBay that works well. The fit is perfect without any trimming or cutting, but if you don't get it applied just right it is easy to slightly fray an edge.

The seller still has them listed, and there is one at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scree...8722QQtcZphoto.

Regards...

Old 06-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast

I agree with rfranzel, I had installed this protector from eBay, it is great but keep in mine to, not start on the very end of the screen, leave about 2 mm and you will end up even on both sides. I had it for 2 months now, no visible scratches, does not reflect sun, I like it. I would recommend on installing it, you never know how will the screen will react to long term use. I recommend.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Enthusiast

i purchased the same screen protector from ebay. it fits really nice. like someone else said, 1-2 mm on each side. it is hardly noticible with or without sunglasses on, but it does show fingerprints more easily even though it's advertised as having an anti-fingerprint coating. i don't mind the finger prints so much since they seem to come off more easily too. shipping of the screen protector was unbelievably fast! i reccomend it.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rfranzel
I found a custom screen protector on eBay that works well. The fit is perfect without any trimming or cutting, but if you don't get it applied just right it is easy to slightly fray an edge.

The seller still has them listed, and there is one at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scree...8722QQtcZphoto.

Regards...
I just purchased the Nav Protector and noticed during checkout that "Screen Patronus" is listed as the "Payee." This is the same manufacturer indicated in the eBay link provided above. Nav Protector asked for the year/make/model of my TCH, and it's listed on my Paypal receipt to Screen Patronus. I assume these are one in the same, and it should fit ?? I'll update this thread with my results.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:37 AM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by rrwelty
I just purchased the Nav Protector and noticed during checkout that "Screen Patronus" is listed as the "Payee." This is the same manufacturer indicated in the eBay link provided above. Nav Protector asked for the year/make/model of my TCH, and it's listed on my Paypal receipt to Screen Patronus. I assume these are one in the same, and it should fit ?? I'll update this thread with my results.
I purchased a protectop last week from the eBay store. All went well and it fits great.
The vendor asks that further purchases be made from their web site at http://www.screenpatronus.com/

I wish the weather would clear up so I can see how well it reduces glare.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Enthusiast

I got my Nav Protector today and installed it. It fits perfectly. Here's some recommendations for installing the protector . . .

Pickup a 100 count box of powder free latex gloves from your local kitchen or medical supply store. I use them for working on all my cars, as they keep my hands clean and are strong enough, yet thin enough to provide all the feel I need (I cook with them too - great for handling raw chicken, pork, etc.) Keeps fingerprints off of things too. This does not mean you can touch the adhesive side of the protector, but it's added insurance.

Get an eyeglass cleaning kit (solution and lint free cloth) to clean the NAV screen before applying the protector.

I had a bit of trouble getting the bubbles out, but using a credit card (wrapped in the cloth) did the trick. The Nav Protector takes up virtually the entire screen - little or no gap on any side. Seems to be doing it's job - touch screen functions work just fine.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Led-footed HyBrid geek

Originally Posted by wilsons66604
I purchased a protectop last week from the eBay store. All went well and it fits great.
The vendor asks that further purchases be made from their web site at http://www.screenpatronus.com/

I wish the weather would clear up so I can see how well it reduces glare.
Well, I've determined that the anti glare coating on this screen protector works GREAT!! Everyone should have one