Recommended engine air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Recommended engine air filter?

Originally Posted by UWAdventurer
I have used K&N filters in all my vehicles for several years with no MAF sensor problems.
"97 dakota

'98 and '00 Durango

"05 Vibe ( which has the Toyota drivetrain)

K&N specifies that the oil on the filter will not harm the sensor, etc., and I have not had any problems.

Check the web site for more info
Sound like a know it alll engineer! Put whatever you want in there as it is your car. ROTFFLMAO!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Recommended engine air filter?

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
I have the TRD washable air filter. So far it seems to be working well. I am going to pull it out and check to see if there is dust after the filter.
Well I did not notice any dust on the inside of the air box or in the tube leading to the engine. Did a white glove test.

Of course this does not mean anything. The filter was very dirty and had bugs in it!!

I ended up replacing it with a Purolator. It seems like I lost some peppiness but this might just be psychological as all the reading I have done points to the fact that cotton gauze filters are only a little less restricting than "paper."

The last item I read was:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

Mike