Receiving a call via bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question Receiving a call via bluetooth

Got my first incoming call on bluetooth tonight...the ringer 'scared' me...it was loud and obnoxious! Anyway to control and/or change this? I have a Nokia flip phone (forgot the number at the moment) and the radio, etc. was off...

Old 08-30-2006, 09:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Receiving a call via bluetooth

Just answered my own question by watching part of the iGuide again...the ringer can be turned down with the radio volume control...but it still sounds obnoxious!

Old 08-31-2006, 03:54 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The ringer is LOUD. My husband wants me to turn it down, but I sometimes listen to music with the volume at 24 (extremely loud for me) and I wouldn't want to miss a call.

Old 08-31-2006, 05:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lilarienne
The ringer is LOUD. My husband wants me to turn it down, but I sometimes listen to music with the volume at 24 (extremely loud for me) and I wouldn't want to miss a call.
The music turns off automatically when the cell phone rings, so even if you didn't hear the ring (not likely) you'd notice the music turn off.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

If it is based on how loud the JBL volume is set, then it could be horrendous with the iPod going...I notice that the volume needs to be set much higher to listen to it!

Old 08-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Active Enthusiast

I sure wish there was a way to override the standard 'incoming' message when you're driving and a call comes in. When you're stopped, the display on non-nav shows the number and/or name of your inbound caller, but when in motion you get the standard generic message. (boo hiss)

I have to admit Toyota is a little overly fearful with respect to liability concerns...every other car maker using bluetooth allows you to view the inbound number while in motion; does Toyota really think that there would be a rash of accidents from drivers looking at their inbound call messages? If that logic stands, they should've done away with the instrumentation altogether, and just given audibles for speed, fuel consumption, etc. I think we can all admit to watching the energy flow meters and other gadgetry infinitely more than we would stare at our incoming caller id.

If anyone hears or stumbles upon an override for this tragedy, please pass along.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by belbe
Got my first incoming call on bluetooth tonight...the ringer 'scared' me...it was loud and obnoxious! Anyway to control and/or change this? I have a Nokia flip phone (forgot the number at the moment) and the radio, etc. was off...
My NAV equipped TCH's phone has a volume control setting. Not sure about the non-NAV version.
J

Old 08-31-2006, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Eskimonio
I sure wish there was a way to override the standard 'incoming' message when you're driving and a call comes in. When you're stopped, the display on non-nav shows the number and/or name of your inbound caller, but when in motion you get the standard generic message. (boo hiss)

I have to admit Toyota is a little overly fearful with respect to liability concerns...every other car maker using bluetooth allows you to view the inbound number while in motion; does Toyota really think that there would be a rash of accidents from drivers looking at their inbound call messages? If that logic stands, they should've done away with the instrumentation altogether, and just given audibles for speed, fuel consumption, etc. I think we can all admit to watching the energy flow meters and other gadgetry infinitely more than we would stare at our incoming caller id.

If anyone hears or stumbles upon an override for this tragedy, please pass along.
I have the non-NAV TCH and get the number displayed, even when the car's in motion.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:28 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Orcrone
I have the non-NAV TCH and get the number displayed, even when the car's in motion.
Cool, then maybe I shouldn't have complained...LOL. I have not yet received a call while in motion, but in the owner's manual it states that the non-nav version just displays 'incoming' when the vehicle is in motion.

Sweet, Orc...thanks for the heads up...disregard my previous rant.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Eskimonio
Cool, then maybe I shouldn't have complained...LOL. I have not yet received a call while in motion, but in the owner's manual it states that the non-nav version just displays 'incoming' when the vehicle is in motion.

Sweet, Orc...thanks for the heads up...disregard my previous rant.
Previous rant disregarded.