quick question from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Lord of Time and Space
Default Re: quick question from a newbie

Originally Posted by ag4ever
...I would guess the NAV cars are not being built as much and whne a NAV car hit the dealer it is already pre-sold. I don't know why they don't make more NAV equiped cars, but for every NAV car there is, there are 10 - 15 non NAV cars built at least. Trucks too.

I also don't know why my dealer can't special order cars. They can only wait for the monthly allotments and sell from those available cars.
I went to one dealership (didn't buy there), and they said there are three kinds of undelivered car - one that's waiting to be built, one that's being built, and one that's in the shipping process. I was told that, if I was willing to wait for one that was still scheduled for build, I could change anything (nav/leather/moonroof, etc) except the color.

I also found that, after going to 3 dealerships, the models they were getting were different - one dealership had mostly leather/NAV vehicles coming in, the others mostly cloth/no NAV. I'd look around.

The other thing you might run into now is that we're approaching the end of the model year. There might, at some point, be a delay as Toyota makes the transition into building '08 models.

Old 08-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Dazed and Confused
Default Re: quick question from a newbie

Stevil,

keep in mind, us in Texas live in the Gulf States Toyota empire, and they tend to do things a bit differently. Not sure why, but they do.

As best I can tell, Toyota of America sells the cars to Gulf States Toyoyta then Gulf States Toyota sells them to the dealerships.