Proposed tweaks to the FAQ (setting up for 2.3)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Proposed tweaks to the FAQ (setting up for 2.3)

How about a section or link to something that gives the commands and syntax for the voice controls.

(For the record, if you disable the "use interstates" option, and try a longish trip using the NAV system, it gets EXTREMELY annoying until you figure out either how to get it to speak French or turn it off. It's not quite so annoying with the sexy female voice speaking French. ;-) )

Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The FAQ has two components.
First is the quick Q and A, where the FAQ provides the A
The second where the A is linked to an existing thread or post if the answer has already been provided or the topic discussed at lenght. The logic is there is no sense creating a duplicate thread, and it allows the newbie to jump into the forum.
In the case of heroetical mode (I can't spell it, nor do I understand it), I believe it is part of the answer linked to in this FAQ answer post. If the linked to post/thread doesn't cover the topic properly, let me know.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Tweak it to add that there are tax breaks and other benefits (preferred parking, use of HOV lanes) offered by various states. Currently the FAQ only says that some Canadian provinces have tax breaks.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by talmy
Tweak it to add that there are tax breaks and other benefits (preferred parking, use of HOV lanes) offered by various states. Currently the FAQ only says that some Canadian provinces have tax breaks.
will do

Aside from tax credits, various states offer incentives that can range from free or discounted parking, to use of HOV lanes. Please see this page for more details.

Last edited by haroldo; 08-19-2008 at 11:02 AM.