Posting Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Posting Pics?

Hey Ron,

Nice Job – your car looks great!!! The ground effects and fog lights – all look fantastic!!!
I’m glad you finally got to install the Razzi Kit!!! I am sorry I fell off the forum grid for a while and I just started to look up old friends. I apologize that I did not have a chance to respond to your picture posting questions. But since I have not had a chance to resurrect my own thread, I did not have that many answers for you.

I was disappointed to see that you did not post more gorgeous pictures and stories of your battles with the Install Gods!!! Not to mention, I had to search for your picture using your name. No mention of “Ground Effects” in the thread title at all!!

Please tell us of your installation and post more pics. It gives everyone courage to hear people’s war stories and tips & tricks you have learned along the way!!

Anyway – nice job Ron,
Still walking around the car admiring your work I hope!!
Take car,
Randyman

Old 07-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Randyman,

Good to hear from you. Did you click on the picture with the size below it in the post that says attaching pics? It opens Imageshack which has more photos.

All four wheels off at once definately made the install easier. Biggest tip was to take your time. The most difficult part was the rear air dam. Measureing from the body curve? how do you do that? I put painters tape on the rear body curve as if I was striping the car and used it to measure from, worked great. The Razzi kit was the right kit to buy, it fit the car wonderfully. Thanks for your hints and help.

I (we) admire it daily, it looks so good now! Toyota would benefit from offering the sport kit and fogs on the hybrid I'm sure. Their loss I guess.

It sure turns heads when people see it is a hybrid. My buddy that helped me install it could not believe how easy it was and how well it fit the car. We had a great time installing it. Immediate gratification!

I took it by the dealership where I purchased it, when it was done, and they went NUTS over it, I think every saleman, and the sales manager, there came out and looked at it. They wanted to know who did it? Of course I had the pleasure of saying I put the kit, spoiler, and fogs on! They asked if I had put duals on it. The simulated duals really looks nice and was definately worth the money for the effect. They wanted to buy it and said they could resell it immediately, I said, " I bet you could."

I would have liked to have gone to Hybridfest, but we couldn't. I am going to the Camry plant in Georgetown, KY, on August 8th. Should be interesting. Maybe I can learn something there.

We love the car more than ever now, it's beautiful! I may add body side molding. Afraid of parking lot dings. I try to park away from everything, but you can't always do that. Some chrome wheels would set it off, but money is gone now.

It does not appear to have hurt the MPG's either. The coefficient of drag is a bit higher on the SE, so I wondered if it would hurt the MPG.

Sorry to hear you had a hard time finding the post. You planning any more mods?

To everyone, "Go for the mods you want, make the car your own!" Enjoy this car, it's great!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Oh My God – OMG!!! Is it possible to hear or see a smile just through a few well written words???!! You are so absolutely XXXstatic with your installation!!! I am glad you are taking it out and sharing it with so many people!!!

I am also glad you are enjoying all of the well deserved admiration not only for having the guts to spend $1500 and to gamble a $30,000 Hybrid, but for also investing the time energy and effort. Face it when you clicked “Add to Cart”, everyone takes a deep breath. Not only for the money spent, but also for the commitment that you are going to see it through!!! And you did!!! As someone on “The Other Side” I send you a hug and welcome to the club!!!

The car is now HOT and saving the planet!!!! I told my friend that after I installed the ground effects kit, I find myself sticking to 60 miles per hour and pulling in 38 to 45 MPG in gas usage. He said, “Maybe you are slowing down so everyone can see your hot car!!!” Not a bad answer!!

The Camry with a ground effects kit is HOT!!! With a Hybrid it is hot and practical. With Fog lights it is just INCREDIBLE!!! I added the Neon Lights and I love the way it looks. I just need to find an honest dealer that can help me calibrate the Remote Starter so I can watch it glow as I walk towards it.

I think I may have hit my limit in terms of Mods. I may add hot wheels, but when my tires wear out and I can feel “guilt-fee” about upgrading. I am currently looking into that website that lets you turn your NAV system into a DVD screen. But that is going to be about it.

Please accept my “Cyber Hug” and welcome to the “Ground Effects – Hot Hybrid Club”. I just wanted you to sing your song on your own thread I realized you gave a lot of details on my old thread. I need to resurrect that and post more photos. More Hybrid Owners need to turn up the heat!!! We may not be “Fast and Furious” – Maybe we are “Practical and Really Pretty Happy!!!”

Congratulations Ron –You did a great job!!!

All the best,
Randyman

Old 07-22-2008, 06:54 PM

Thanks for the kind words Randyman.

Glowing neon calibrated with your remote starter! Cool, more ambitious than I! Red neons? Is there such a thing as an honest dealer? LOL! Could an automotive electrical shop help you?

A nav screen to DVD, cool! I don't have nav, but I was wondering about the HD radio stations. Could HD be added to the Camry and use the standard screen? Sounds like a new Thread.

Maybe you should start the "Ground Effects-Hot Hybrid Club" I agree, "Practical and Happy!"

Your right, go the speed limit or +5 so more people can enjoy it! I've not seen another TCH with the ground effects here in Indy. It's cool to have something different from the other hybrids. You seen any others in NYC?

Gotta go for now. Inspiration from others, who lead the way such as you, help others make the leap to personalize their cars. Keep turning heads in NYC Randyman!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

No I did not go with Red Neon - we already have Hot Barcelona Red cars so I went with Bright Yellow: I was inspired by the movie "Iron Man"!!!

Unfortunately, I need one of those Toyota Diagnostic tools to tell the car's onboard systems that I have installed a remote starter.
Manhattan Toyota took the money for an hours worth of work and said, "You installed it wrong and it won't work."
When I got the car back, there was no evidence they even took the panels off to attach the diagnostic tools.
I got ripped off and I could not prove it.

Sooner or later, I'll find a way to get it finished - that's the DIY song isn't it?
Congratulations again my friend,
I look forward to seeing your other posts,
Randyman

Last edited by Randyman; 07-22-2008 at 08:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:03 PM

Too bad about the hour of labor, some dealers have no scruples ...add a post and see if anyone here can help. I hate going to a dealer or someone I don't know.

Unfortunately the mechanic I used to have went out of business. He was great, more than fair. Probably what cost him his business. Had more business than he could handle, a bad marriage didn't help him. I try to do as much as possible myself. I don't have any diagnostic tools though.

Think I'm gonna post something about HD radio and see what I can find out.

Later my friend,
Ron