anyone posting mileage anymore??

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Exclamation anyone posting mileage anymore??

I was walking through the HAH listings in the database and noticed very few folks posting numbers since December or so. I know winter MPG is depressing, especially in our big thirsty V6s, but the database NEEDS all your numbers or it loses relevance and GH becomes just another place for green wierdos instead of a valuable tool for existing and potential owners.

The database show the rock stars and the rocks, and the largest sampling available anywhere that helps people decide whether a hybrid is for them or not.

PLEASE contribute your fuel figures to the database! I feel sort of lonely in there.

To those who are adding to it, thank you for sticking with it. It gets monotonous, but showing the vehicle's performance with a large data set over extended periods and seasons is an invaluable asset that makes it pretty authoritative by sheer mass of data.

Old 03-13-2006, 09:10 AM
Ohio BIODZL Driver
Default Re: anyone posting mileage anymore??

Posted today but have been lax at updating. (of course nobody cares since I'm not a hybrid)

Old 03-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Site Founder

Haha, Bryan. I guarantee you people are still submitting! There are 1,600 cars and over 23 million miles logged at this moment. The numbers keep growing, and at a much faster pace than they used to - I assure you! Not to worry.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:01 AM

I mean the Accord's section, not the DB as a whole. Comparatively far fewer members adding tanks since January than were being posted Oct-Dec. It may be a seasonal lull and will pick up as car-buying season approaches, but to those who are out there but not posting, please do!!!

Old 03-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RichC
Posted today but have been lax at updating. (of course nobody cares since I'm not a hybrid)
I care Rich! Keep up the good work in Cincinnati. I grew up in the Bond Hill area, just south of Reading. Went to grade school downtown at St. Augustine, next to the Hudepohl brewery. I wonder if it's still there. The school, not the brewery.... OK I wonder if the brewery is still there too!

Old 03-13-2006, 12:32 PM
04 prius 350,000km

not me, its been hard to update everytime I have to pull up onlineconversion.com so instead i just update my signiature everytime i fill up my gas tank.

Old 03-13-2006, 01:08 PM

Every tank, in all five vehicles, have been accounted for since August 2005.

Old 03-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Commuter of Many Miles

I stopped keeping track. I can tell from how many trips to work I get out of a tank if its close to what I feel I'm happy with..I have to fill up about every 3 trips.

Old 03-14-2006, 09:03 AM
Enthusiast

I wish I had stopped. Last few tanks put me under hypermiler status. The short (5 - 10 minutes) trips with the family to go shopping are killing me(ummm, I mean my mileage).

Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Enthusiast

I have posted every single tank for my HAH as well as for my boyfriend's Highlander Hybrid. I have noticed that several that have reached hypermiler status stopped so they would not lose their status.
If it were not for occassional trips to Austin or Houston, I think I would be at the bottom of the list. All my trips are short. I travel 1.7 miles to the light rail station, and 1.7 back home each day for work. When I bought my car I thought that I would average about 30 mpg which would be the low end of the estimated 29 - 37 mpg that I was led to believe by the EPA. I am actually averaging the same as what I was getting on my non hybrid accord. So I overpaid about $9000 over a similarly equiped accord, and did not get a sunroof or a spare tire but did get the constant display of mpg to remind me that my gas mileage is 22 mpg or less.
To add insult to injury, I tried to trade my car (with nav and less than 10,000 miles in absolutely mint condition) and was offered only $23,500.

Quick Reply: anyone posting mileage anymore??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands