Please help me locate TCH for purchase!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 07:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Please help me locate TCH for purchase!!

Agnosto: Sorry ... You are not doing your homework ... fitzmall does not have doc fees for out-of-state

Geez.... you Hybrid types are touchy. Just trying to emphasize that there are DEALS to be had.... just takes leg work. Sorry to offend.

Old 09-08-2006, 07:18 AM
WVGasGuy

Geez.... you Hybrid types are touchy. ....Sorry to offend

Wow, that sounds sincere.

Believe me, I'm not easily offended or touchy. Just look at your posts, you've stated and restated this probably a dozen times in the last two weeks.

But OK we get your point (again)

Last edited by WVGasGuy; 09-08-2006 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Hooked on Hybrid

They are around... I went last Saturday to my closest dealer here in Houston looking for an SE and they didn't have any. Did happen to have a Barcelona TCH which two other people were in line to test drive. They both finally got done and I drove and loved it. Bought it at MSRP after they would match my 2002 RAV4 purchase offer from CarMax as a trade-in. At 582 miles still on first tank and at 36.1 MPG. Good luck... they are worth it!!

Old 09-10-2006, 09:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LThompson
They are around... I went last Saturday to my closest dealer here in Houston looking for an SE and they didn't have any. Did happen to have a Barcelona TCH which two other people were in line to test drive. They both finally got done and I drove and loved it. Bought it at MSRP after they would match my 2002 RAV4 purchase offer from CarMax as a trade-in. At 582 miles still on first tank and at 36.1 MPG. Good luck... they are worth it!!

Nice...

The red color is really growing on me!

Old 09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Arrow Re: Please help me locate TCH for purchase!!

<Letter to Santa> Please, oh please, give my TCH an extreme paint makeover to Barcelona Red. <Sigh>

Old 09-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gudman
I am just curious about all the folks who are getting TCH from far away. Is it the Tax Credit savings of $1300 ? If you have TCH shipped , it would eat
most of those savings. If you drive a new car that far without proper breakin,
aren't you taking chances with an expensive item.

So, what is the motivation ? I am just curious. I know somethings are not
rational.

GM
I think you can do a proper break-in even on the highway - just don't use the cruise control for the first 1000 miles....that's what I did - of course my leg was a little sore... I varied my speed between 50 - 80 for over 1000 miles and my first 50 or so miles were under 50..... and the car already had 180 miles on it.... Maybe not perfect - but probably didn't hurt anything either....

Old 09-10-2006, 04:55 PM
WVGasGuy

I think you can do a proper break-in even on the highway - just don't use the cruise control for the first 1000 miles....that's what I did - of course my leg was a little sore... I varied my speed between 50 - 80 for over 1000 miles and my first 50 or so miles were under 50..... and the car already had 180 miles on it.... Maybe not perfect - but probably didn't hurt anything either....

I still don't see this cruise control "thing" being an issue. Steady speed should not have a lot to do with break in with a TCH as it is engine speed that needs to vary isn't it? Since we don't have a tach it's difficult to know what's going on although you do know if you don't goose it you won't be reving it real high. With the TCH on cruise control, even on flat ground you should get a variety of rpm's on the ICE as it alters between 100% ICE to 100% Battery and everything in between. I just don't see it as a problem.

(Then again I seldom use cruise anyway)

Old 09-10-2006, 04:58 PM
WVGasGuy

my first 50 or so miles were under 50.....

Also there are many times when I'm doing 70 that the ICE is idling and that can't hurt the ICE.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Jer
Don't taze me bro!

Originally Posted by WVGasGuy
I still don't see this cruise control "thing" being an issue. Steady speed should not have a lot to do with break in with a TCH as it is engine speed that needs to vary isn't it? Since we don't have a tach it's difficult to know what's going on although you do know if you don't goose it you won't be reving it real high. With the TCH on cruise control, even on flat ground you should get a variety of rpm's on the ICE as it alters between 100% ICE to 100% Battery and everything in between. I just don't see it as a problem.

(Then again I seldom use cruise anyway)
No, engine load has more to do with break-in than engine speed (unless you bounce it off of the rev limiter constantly, that will have a negative affect on the engine break in) so highway driving should be avoided at all costs for the first few hundred miles or so. After this, the rings are seated and you can begin to slowly take it up to normal driving IMO. Some will tell you you need to lengthen the break in period but I think that a couple early oil changes, vary engine load & heat cycles then drive it like plan to after the first few hundred miles.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:03 AM
amf
amf

Not sure if your up to a trip to the Bay Area, but I have a Desert Sand Nav unit available at this moment!

Good luck in your search.

Alan Fink
Freeman Toyota
Santa Rosa, CA
707-888-6623