MP3/WMA Folder graying out...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default MP3/WMA Folder graying out...

I have 4 WMA disks loaded and "sometimes" when I switch to any of my disks - the "folder" button is grayed out - you can't pull up the folder or song lists.... I can get it to come on sometimes the first time I go to CD - but most of the time I have to toggle back and forth several times from the Radio to get it to turn on.... Has anyone else seen this....? Thanks!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MP3/WMA Folder graying out...

Originally Posted by RCFlyer
I have 4 WMA disks loaded and "sometimes" when I switch to any of my disks - the "folder" button is grayed out - you can't pull up the folder or song lists.... I can get it to come on sometimes the first time I go to CD - but most of the time I have to toggle back and forth several times from the Radio to get it to turn on.... Has anyone else seen this....? Thanks!
Yes..I notoced the same thing...then I figured it out....in Toyota's infinite wisdom. that feature is only available while the car is stopped. The "override" for the NAV enables that as well.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

If it's safe to watch the animation on the Energy screen, or contemplate the meaning of all those bars in the Consumption screen, or turn on the restaurant icons and poke at them on the Nav screen to your heart's content, it's certainly safe to look at a list of folders and choose one. Similarly, you ought to be able to choose "Previous Destination" while driving and choose a destination from that list. Apparently Toyota has an issue with the driver looking at a list of choices while driving...

Old 09-29-2006, 05:57 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'll have to explore that because I have gotten to come on while moving.... without the override.....

Old 09-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

I can change folders and tunes while in motion.

Old 09-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
I can change folders and tunes while in motion.
Change folders, yes, but get a complete list of files??? I will check mine later today, but if I remember correctly, (not sure that I do) the listing of files etc feature is limited while in motion...

Old 09-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jbollt
Change folders, yes, but get a complete list of files??? I will check mine later today, but if I remember correctly, (not sure that I do) the listing of files etc feature is limited while in motion...
You are correct. You can change folders while the car is in motion (the up/down arrows in the bottom right hand corner of the screen are active) but you can't see the list of folders (the "FOLDER LIST" button in the upper right hand corner of the screen is grayed out).