Phone set up tip...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Phone set up tip (and a question)...

I just had my radio replaced (under warranty) and had to set up the voice commands. In any event, the system usually makes mistakes on the numbers (the odds of it getting 10 numbers correct are pretty low).
I found it easier to do three (or four) numbers at a time.
After she asks for the number, say "212" then press the talk button and let her read back the number, wait until she's done and then say "555", let her repeat the numbers then say "1212".
After each set, if she gets the segment wrong, just say "go back" and ONLY the last segment will be erased, the first or second (depending on when you detect the error) will be saved.
It's a lot less frustrating this way, takes a little longer, but so does starting over.

Does anyone know how to do the step highlighted below (transfer number from phone). I have a Treo 700p, but a generic explanation would suffice.
Couldn't find Treo instruction for sending a number.
Thanks!

Last edited by haroldo; 09-28-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:17 PM
HSD Organic Interface
Default Re: Phone set up tip...

I've always found it best to say the numbers of any phone number in one continuous stream, as if I'm reading one very big word (onetwothreefourfive) instead of several smaller words (one two three four five). If I hestitate, pause, take a breath or sound anything less than 100% confident in the number I'm stating then it'll blow the number, but if I stick with the rapidfire approach my success rate is very high.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Phone set up tip...

Yeah, good point, the clearer I made it...the more she messed up.
In any event, this thread now shows two differing, yet equally successful strategies.