Passenger Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER
Default Passenger Airbag light

I just got an 07 ' TCH.
Here's my question, the "Passenger Airbag On" indicator (to the right of the clock) light seems to stay on when the passenger seat is occupied. Does light stay on all the time or should it go off? From reading the manual it looks like it should go off after a few seconds.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Professional Hacker
Default Re: Passenger Airbag light

No, the light will stay on any time the seat has enough weight to trigger it.

Old 07-28-2008, 12:54 PM
Enthusiast

I've noticed there is also a passenger airbag "OFF" light. My experiences have shown me that when my wife sits in the seat the airbag "ON" light is illuminated. When there is no one in the seat, no airbag lights are illuminated. I also had my 6 year old daughter sitting in the front seat one time in the driveway and the airbag "OFF" light was illuminated. So the car must be able to tell the differences between certain weights that are in the front passenger seat.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

With my 8-year old son, the airbag OFF light comes on vs. when an adult sits there and the airbag ON light is illuminated.

I find the TWO lights much better than my Caravan where there is only an OFF light, and I'm left wondering if it's detecting any passenger at all.

Old 07-28-2008, 05:20 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Thanks for the reply. If you're interested, on pages 91-93 of the owners manual there is a chart that shows how it works with the different weights on the seat. I was just wondering about the light itself. Since the light goes out after a few seconds when the seat is empty I thought it might go out when occupied too.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:26 PM
HAPPY TCH OWNER

Originally Posted by kisses
Yup, It's going off after some minutes. but I think that shouldn't be something, that should be turned on until the car is fixed.