Overriding hybrid navigation system

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Overriding hybrid navigation system

As a note here, I only unplugged the fuse in the hood for a couple of minutes to get the DVD to reload.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast

anybody been able to successfully do this using a macintosh?

Old 06-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Enthusiast

SUCCESS!! thanks so much to all of you for your savy. after three failed attempts, i finally made my hybrid nav dvd on my iMac G5 after downloading a program called dragon burn (reccomended by a co-worker) and taking advantage of the free trial version. i inserted the burned dvd into the nav, up popped the map with my current location. i tried the override, no luck. so i removed the fuse and reinserted it after a few minutes, i tried the override again, and volla.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:17 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skata
As a note here, I only unplugged the fuse in the hood for a couple of minutes to get the DVD to reload.
My understanding is that even 6.1 ver has access to service menu, just over ride button is not there. In that service menu there is option to reload software, or something like that, has anybody tried that? It would be easier to reload from service menu than pulling the fuse.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Enthusiast

I have a 2006 Prius with the latest DVD V7.1. If I burn it with the 5.1 loading.KWI will that give me the overide?

Old 03-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Enthusiast

I actually did a hardware hack, which works great. All you have to do is buy a 2.99 switch from radio shack and hook it up to the VSS wire... I did this yesterday and cleanerd it up so it sits in the compartment under the NAV unit, looks very professional. Very easy to do, the hard part is getting the NAV unit out.

Going down the road, I just hit the switch and the blanked out icons magically light up... it's very convinient. The only annoying part is that it messes up the GPS calibration a bit so it takes about 30 seconds to a minute to recalibrate itself to the correct location.

Let me know if you want the tutorial I used to hook this up.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2006 Prius with V5.1 Gen 5 Nav DVD. Even though it's 5.1 it does not have the override menu. I use a Plextor 760A and have burned many DVD's including several DL's, almost all successfully. However I burned 5 DVD's for the NAV including one direct copy of my original disk and my Prius won't read any os them. I've used Imgburn, Alcohol and Nero. All the one's I burned with Nero verified perfectly but none will work. I don't understand what the secret is with these NAV disks. Any help would be appreciated. I hate to admit this, but I am a computer nerd and still can't figure this one out.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Flyingtux
I have a 2006 Prius with V5.1 Gen 5 Nav DVD. Even though it's 5.1 it does not have the override menu. I use a Plextor 760A and have burned many DVD's including several DL's, almost all successfully. However I burned 5 DVD's for the NAV including one direct copy of my original disk and my Prius won't read any os them. I've used Imgburn, Alcohol and Nero. All the one's I burned with Nero verified perfectly but none will work. I don't understand what the secret is with these NAV disks. Any help would be appreciated. I hate to admit this, but I am a computer nerd and still can't figure this one out.
My Nav only likes DVD+R DLs. If you did not use a +R that might be a factor. Not sure though. I used ImgBurn to do all of mine. Plextor 740A.

Last edited by mikieboyblue; 03-05-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

More importantly you must burn the copy as Booktype DVD-ROM and not Booktype DVD+R. I can only speak to Nero which lets you set the book type on Plextor drives. Other drives can be set with an external program.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by schmidtj
More importantly you must burn the copy as Booktype DVD-ROM and not Booktype DVD+R. I can only speak to Nero which lets you set the book type on Plextor drives. Other drives can be set with an external program.
Yup.

I had very bad luck with Nero. ImgBurn turned out to be the best for me and you get a DVD-ROM without changing any settings. (If memory serves correct.)

Quick Reply: Overriding hybrid navigation system

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands