Ordered my Toyota Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 04:34 PM
Along for the ride.....
Default Re: Ordered my Toyota Camry Hybrid

I visited three dealers and all were MSRP - in general, I don't see discounting for a while. I've heard stories of additional on top of sticker but that wasn't my experience. I'm sure a few may get a discount, but I think MSRP is typical.

PS You're gonna love your new car

Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clipper
Man.... Why are you guys paying MSRP??????

Do your Homework!
Clipper, aren't you the one that got your TCH from fitzmall at $699 discount because the prior customer backed out earlier that day? Well, that prior customer was probably paying MSRP, and fitzmall was just trying to dump the car. Nobody else is getting a TCH at discount right now unless you happen to stumble into a situation like you had. My car was a customer cancellation too, and I still paid MSRP. The only other "known" discount at this time is going thru Costco which gets you a $100 discount, if the local Costco-affliated dealer happens to have a TCH to sell you.

Old 09-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine at Rice Toyota in Greensboro. Because I was selling my 07 XLE V6 with the problematic transmission back to Toyota, I think there was pressure being put on the dealer to hurry it up and get me a TCH so I got one with a basic package of extras which is all I wanted. I only have leather, heated mirrors, mats. I told them ahead of time I was not going to pay $699 extra for Toyoguard, but they all come with that, so they threw that in for nothing, and gave me a $100 Costco discount. It came to about $800 under MSRP. I had to wait about a month after deciding to sell the XLE back because of the transmission problems. If I were to do it over again, I would get a package with factory leather. The port installed Liquicell leather is substandard, and you don't get the power passenger seat.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Enthusiast
Talking I am driving my TCH!

Finally I got my TCH!

I had to cancel the order from Leith Toyota and I bought it from another dealership at Salisbury, NC (Cloninger Toyota).

It is all equiped (navigation version 6.1), Barcelona Red Metalic.

All the best,

Ed Torres

Old 10-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I am driving my TCH!

Any first impressions you can share after picking the TCH up?

Old 10-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Active Enthusiast

Does anybody know if Toyota has started shipping Camry hybrid's from Georgetown, Kentucky yet?
The hybrids are scheduled to come from Toyota's Georgetown plant starting sometime this month.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw
Does anybody know if Toyota has started shipping Camry hybrid's from Georgetown, Kentucky yet?
The hybrids are scheduled to come from Toyota's Georgetown plant starting sometime this month.
I believe the official date for Hybrid prod in USA was sometime in the begininng of October, 2006 and below is one that is assembled in USA...:

Series: Camry Hybrid
Model: 2WD 4 Door
Model Year: 2007
Transmission: Hybrid
VIN: 4T1BB46K67U42K369
Color: Magnetic Gray
Interior: Bisque
Available: 10/29/06

Old 10-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks Agnosto, the reason I'm asking is that I ordered a TCH in Toronto, Canada on September 22 and the dealer has told me the scheduled manufacturing date is October 18. He has also advised me that at that time a VIN number will be assigned and they will be able to start tracking it. I was hoping to find out whether the vehicle will be coming from Japan or Kentucky with. Presumably I'll get it a lot faster if it comes from Kentucky although I'm not sure whether I want to have one of the first vehicles off the new production line! What would be your guess?

Originally Posted by agnosto
I believe the official date for Hybrid prod in USA was sometime in the begininng of October, 2006 and below is one that is assembled in USA...:

Series: Camry Hybrid
Model: 2WD 4 Door
Model Year: 2007
Transmission: Hybrid
VIN: 4T1BB46K67U42K369
Color: Magnetic Gray
Interior: Bisque
Available: 10/29/06

Old 10-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paulgw
Thanks Agnosto, the reason I'm asking is that I ordered a TCH in Toronto, Canada on September 22 and the dealer has told me the scheduled manufacturing date is October 18. He has also advised me that at that time a VIN number will be assigned and they will be able to start tracking it. I was hoping to find out whether the vehicle will be coming from Japan or Kentucky with. Presumably I'll get it a lot faster if it comes from Kentucky although I'm not sure whether I want to have one of the first vehicles off the new production line! What would be your guess?
I am not going to guess as I made it clear from the begining to my salesperson that the first letter of my VIN must start with J and if not he can keep it all his. Well, when I got it last month surely the first letter started with J but I got it from a different dealership and I had no doubt it will be from Japan.
I know you are in a tough position and not trying to put down the assembly/construction of the 2007 TCH within USA (as a matter of fact I own a loaded 2006 Sienna LTD assembled in Indiana, IN with no issues at all) but for Hybrid technology and first year new body frame style, I have to go 100% made/manufactured by JAPAN.

Good luck, and have faith as there is a 50/50 chance you get yours from Japan as well...

Last edited by agnosto; 10-10-2006 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: I am driving my TCH!

Originally Posted by sbtatter
Any first impressions you can share after picking the TCH up?
Love it! Very quiet and smooth rides.
Yesterday I experienced something weird, though: when I turned the high light on the left turn signal started to blink and only stoped when I turned the engine off.

Other than that I am having a great experience with the car.

All the best,

Ed Torres

Quick Reply: Ordered my Toyota Camry Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands