Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

hi
no, its not that one, i messaged before i thought, id lose fed tax savings, (1500) so id only be down$1900 used vs new. so its not worth it for me

dan

Old 03-31-2007, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr_Squeaks
Wow - I think that sounds like a mighty tasty deal, Dan!

I just got home in my TCH!!
Mike Based on the time of your post (3:32 pm) it looks like you picked up your TCH earlier than you were thinking in post #25 which is great! Have you read the owners manual from cover to cover yet? Just a quick question. As you stated this was a day-rental. Could you tell how the interior held up for dirt stains etc being light grey (cloth I believe) when you first saw it. I would think after they detailed it for delivery to you. I am asking because I am still on the fence RE: cloth / leather. Do you know if this is a US or Japan build? Serial # starts with 4=US /J=Japan.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ookpik
Mike Based on the time of your post (3:32 pm) it looks like you picked up your TCH earlier than you were thinking in post #25 which is great! Have you read the owners manual from cover to cover yet? Just a quick question. As you stated this was a day-rental. Could you tell how the interior held up for dirt stains etc being light grey (cloth I believe) when you first saw it. I would think after they detailed it for delivery to you. I am asking because I am still on the fence RE: cloth / leather. Do you know if this is a US or Japan build? Serial # starts with 4=US /J=Japan.
Actually, that was 6:32 eastern when I made that post (you may be showing Pacific time zone) - but I think you've guessed my excitement level correctly. My wife and I showed up at the dealership an hour earlier than they were expecting us...

When we first saw the car, the interior was absolutely fine - some fluffies around, like somebody had been sitting inside wearing a dark blue sweater or something, but nothing that couldn't be vaccuumed out. Of course, when we picked it up it had been cleaned out further. The only sign of previous use were little surface scratches on the cover over the drink-holders beside the passenger seat. Other than that, the thing might just as well have been brand-spankin'.

And I'm happy to report that the serial number of my car starts with J!

Old 03-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
i was told by 2 dealers all hybrids come from japan, anybody have a U.S built hybrid car?
dan

ps, im pretty sure im ordering a blue hybrid on wed/thurs, the trade in is good, and with fed and provincial govt kicking in, its all good

Old 04-01-2007, 06:07 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camrydan
hi
i was told by 2 dealers all hybrids come from japan, anybody have a U.S built hybrid car?
dan

ps, im pretty sure im ordering a blue hybrid on wed/thurs, the trade in is good, and with fed and provincial govt kicking in, its all good
Dan When the TCH was first introduced I think in May 06 it was built in Japan. Around November 06, Kentucky USA started producing the TCH and any new Camry hybrids being shipped to Canada are only from Kentucky from what I have read. It is surprising how little some dealers know about their product. I called three dealers to see if the Camry Hybrid came with TPMS and not one of them could confirm. I now know that Canadian TCH do “not” have this on base or loaded versions. Good luck with the purchase.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr_Squeaks
Actually, that was 6:32 eastern when I made that post (you may be showing Pacific time zone) - but I think you've guessed my excitement level correctly. My wife and I showed up at the dealership an hour earlier than they were expecting us...

When we first saw the car, the interior was absolutely fine - some fluffies around, like somebody had been sitting inside wearing a dark blue sweater or something, but nothing that couldn't be vaccuumed out. Of course, when we picked it up it had been cleaned out further. The only sign of previous use were little surface scratches on the cover over the drink-holders beside the passenger seat. Other than that, the thing might just as well have been brand-spankin'.

And I'm happy to report that the serial number of my car starts with J!
You are correct about the time. My settings were wrong. Thanks for the info on the interior. I guess the "J" in your serial # means "Jump for Joy"

Old 04-02-2007, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Hi

As others have said, the most you can get out of the dealer is $1000 from the MSRP. I got mine from the dealer in Milton, and he threw etching as part of the deal. I did not have to pay separetly. However, there is no Gas tax (measly $50) on a TCH. You still need to pay the freight and destination charges ($1240, if I remember correctly).

As you are buying the car now, you are elligible for the federal $1500.00. I am still waiting for my provincial $2000 for the past 4 months and am likely to recieve it before June.

I read in the Star that the federal rebate will kick in only in Sep 2008. They do not have the "systems" to adminsiter it! However, the feds have the system to tax the gas guzzlers today!

Cheers

Old 04-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
the new best is $31200,plus tax, no frieght! from mississauga dealer
dan

i think im going for it, as its just so much LESS to buy over a v6 le once its all figured out

dan

Old 04-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

hi
i phones the ministry about the $1500 rebate, they said to keep an eye on the website for updates, but could take months to get it up and running
dan

Old 04-03-2007, 08:20 PM
PMF
Enthusiast

Bought my Camry Hybrid from online dealer called Cars4u.com. Ordered it in May 2006, the vehicle arrived in July. Paid about $31K (about $950 under list) for the "base" hybrid. The company is based in Toronto (near the 401 and Allen Road). They gave me a very reasonable trade on my 2004 Corolla. If you know what you want, this was a good place to deal with. You can usually get quotes online. I don't know if they can match 31.2K + no freight you've just quoted.

My car was built in Japan. I believe they are now all built in Kentucky. I had to wait only about 3 weeks for the Ontario sales tax rebate. In my opinion, the car is a great value with the two rebates.

Quick Reply: Ontario, Canada Owners, What Did You Pay For Your Hybrid?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands