No regerts MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: No regerts MPG?

Haven't gotten the car yet, but I'm buying it to get "the best of both worlds" - that is, a nice ride with good gas mileage. I also have a 40 mile a day commute, and hate having to get gas all the time. So it'll be nice just not having to fill up so often.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: No regerts MPG?

My 2nd tank was manually calculated at 43.23MPG (AVG TANK 45.6MPG and NAV screen 43.6MPG) of a total 589 miles mixed driving (70%/30% city/hwy) without CC and A/C........ wow, what can I say the 2007 TCH is truly one awesome HYBRID vehicle!!!!!!!

Last edited by agnosto; 11-07-2006 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:02 AM
old fart

I traded my 06 prius for the new camry hibrid nov 28th and made my first trip last wk.I drive it like any other car and dont baby it.I left Lexington ky and drive to michigan and to illinois . 740 miles when i left and returned with 2500 miles.I drove about 71 mph average.the first 800 miles i averaged 33.4 and the last part of my trip 36.9 temp was in the mid 40s.will do better after it is broke in.mpg not near as good as my 05 and 06 prius as i averaged 52 on same trip.
The car is very quiet even with toyota vent visors. there was a lot more road and wind noise with the prius.I am 5ft 10 and with the prius the leg room didnt bother me much but there were times on a trip i would have liked a little more leg room. I have hip problems and a hip transplant and on the prius the small seat and the rolled edge created a lot of pain from the preasure on my hips.not a problem if you dont have hip problems to begin with.no problems with the camry as they are 3 1/2 inches wider.no pain on the trip and that to me was worth the money.
I have a garmin 2720 gps and all i had to do is drive and listen to the gps.It put me in the right turn lane all the time .
the trunk space gave me no problems.
i hope this helps others who have questions.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I was getting 12-15mpg with my F-150 truck and filling up weekly (30 to 35 gallons) was quite painful as gas prices doubled in the span of 6 months. Something about dropping a C note to fillup just isn't right. I had driven the Prius and knew several folks that own them. My mind was pretty much made up to get a Prius, then I read about the TCH comming out.

I decided to wait until I could test drive a TCH before buying a new car. I was quite happy I did. My "no regrets mpg" was 35mpg. Obviously I have no regrets! My first tank (filled by the dealer right before I drove it away) was 41mpg. In over 9,000 miles I've averaged 44mpg and am delighted. This summer I was blown away when I had 3 tanks in a row over 45mpg. I'm lovin it!

Old 12-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Dazed and Confused

Wow, life average over 44 MPG. I wish I could get that. We recently moved, and my commute is now 20 miles shorter each way, and as a side benifit, I am now getting about 43 MPG on my drive to and from work. The portion of my commute that was eliminated was a section of lower speed city traffic where we could be going 40 MPH and stopping every 1/4 mile. Now my commute is mostly highway with only 3 traffic lights and one stop sign. Who said, the TCH gets better city mileage?

Old 12-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Now that it is a bit colder my MPG has gone down to about 34. It was at 36, but my trip to work SUCKS! I drive 10 miles with 12 stops and that does not include people stopping in front of me. The speed limit is 45 so I have alot of accelerating to do. In the morning I am good to get 35 mpg, but at night when it is warmer I get 37- 40 on the way home. What kills it is going for lunch, which is always right down the road.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Enthusiast

My commute is 14 miles, one hour, over the Sepulveda pass in LA. Tank averages are running 38-39. My target was to hit the EPA mileage; in previous cars, I exceeded EPA mileage, but I understood that EPA ratings were more overblown for hybrids than for gas cars, so I'm happy to hit the target. I haven't done a real freeway trip yet, so I don't have a feel for that.