New off the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default New off the truck?

Call me difficult...

I've told the dealer that when my TCH arrives on/about June 15, it's mine! We have agreed a deal and I don't want any Tom, Dick or Harry or even a potential TCH buyer test driving my car.

They have strict instructions not to install the front license plate holder. Arkansas does not require a front license plate and I do not want the holes drilled or the frame with the cruddy dealer plate.

I have also requested that they not paint on the dealer name on the trunk.

We'll see!!

Old 05-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New off the truck?

Which dealer are you using? We just took delivery of our 2006 Prius from Reliable Toyota in Springfield, MO, and we were reasonably pleased with the experience.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

My dealer is Autopark in Fayetteville - known as Landers in Little Rock. I'll be in Springfield on Thursday to collect my Mum who is flying in from the UK (I'm a Brit) and I might go by Reliable to look around. Did you notice any TCH's in stock? BTW, the University of Columbia is showing it's hybrid car (not sure what hybrid technology it showcases) at the Springfield Discovery Center between Noon and 5pm on Thursday. They are possibly shipping it (through me - that's my biz) to Australia next year for a Hybrid event, so this is pretty much a sales call for me!

Old 05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Enthusiast

We picked up our Prius on 5/9, and although I saw several of the new Camry's on the lot, I didn't see any hybrid Camry's. But who knows what they have in stock right at the moment. I noticed that their website would always show 2 Prii in stock, when I knew for a fact that they had zero on the lot.

I wish I could go see the Mizzou car on Thursday, but alas, I have to work. I hope they use your business for the shipping!

Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'll take the camera and maybe snap a few whilst I'm there.

I'm trying to get UPS - I'm one of their largest customers in the airfreight division - to ship it free. A couple weeks ago I shipped a Saleen from LA to NY for the Mission Impossible opening in New York.