what would this truck cost new??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default what would this truck cost new??

I work at a car dealer & we buy & sell used cars all the time, but we are not into new vehicles.

We just got in an 06 FEH that has 4,000 miles on it. It is a black Limited W/ dk. gray heated leather seats, NAV, moonroof, 110v outlet, parking sensors, side running boards etc etc etc I can't think of an option it doesn't have & it looks brand new(there isn't a mark on it anywhere).

What would this vehicle be selling for if it was new on a dealers lot?? I'm not asking the msrp(I can look that up), I am wondering what it could actually be purchased for???

~John

Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: what would this truck cost new??

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...tSearch=Search

you could check completed items for a real appraisal. This is what people are paying for them right now. No better way to establish relative value.

Old 01-03-2007, 05:30 PM

I had already checked ebay, but there is nothing comparable that has actually sold recently.

~John

Old 01-03-2007, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I work at a car dealer & we buy & sell used cars all the time, but we are not into new vehicles.

We just got in an 06 FEH that has 4,000 miles on it. It is a black Limited W/ dk. gray heated leather seats, NAV, moonroof, 110v outlet, parking sensors, side running boards etc etc etc I can't think of an option it doesn't have & it looks brand new(there isn't a mark on it anywhere).

What would this vehicle be selling for if it was new on a dealers lot?? I'm not asking the msrp(I can look that up), I am wondering what it could actually be purchased for???

~John
There is no such thing as a Hybrid/Limited in the '06 model year. The "Limited" designation was only used on the non-hybrid version.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
There is no such thing as a Hybrid/Limited in the '06 model year. The "Limited" designation was only used on the non-hybrid version.

I obviously have the terminology wrong, but it has the color matched high gloss cladding on the lower panels & every luxury option possible.

~John

Old 01-03-2007, 07:28 PM

Sounds exactly like my Mariner that was purchased at the end of last may. We paid about $2k below MSRP or about $32,000. The Ford and Mercury versions are pretty much identical and sell at pretty much the same prices.

Check out www.edmunds.com and price it out with all of the options. When you put in your area it will give you the "True Market Value" TMV of the vehicle. Basically, what other people in your area are paying for similar vehicles. Also, you can check pricing at hybridcars.com and see what buyers have reported paying. You may need to read the comments to see what options the vehicle had. http://www.hybridcars.com/pricepulse/index.php

Old 01-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Yea, I know all about Edmunds -I do this stuff every day but the hybrid is an odd-duck to price.

I can buy this mint black loaded 4000 mile FEH for probably 25K.

I have an 05 FEH now that I absolutely LOVE, but it has 33,000 miles on it & I would like to back down some on the mileage. I may dump the 05 & buy the 06.

It doesn't thrill me that it's black(it looks awesome, but it's a ***** to keep a black vehicle clean around this area), but there's not much I can do about that.

~John

Old 01-03-2007, 08:50 PM

I obviously have the terminology wrong, but it has the color matched high gloss cladding on the lower panels & every luxury option possible.

~John
Oh.. I'm sorry... I need to read more careful.. I thought you were quoting an ad and I was attempting to point out that if the ad had that wrong you might want to question other things. However your post clearly points out the vehicle is actually on the lot.

I can only tell you what I paid for mine same package '06, 4WD, A-plan, with NAV and Moonroof. That worked out to just a bit over 30,000. I'm not sure that helps...

Old 01-04-2007, 05:13 AM

The market has changed since the start of the '06 model year. So, "new" pricing might not be what you are seeking. There was a price reduction from '06 to '07, hybrids aren't as "hot" anymore, and there are rebates/0% deals.

If by "etc, etc, etc" you mean AWD and side air bags too, I would say around $29,000 to $30,000 "new".

Old 01-04-2007, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA

If by "etc, etc, etc" you mean AWD and side air bags too, I would say around $29,000 to $30,000 "new".
Yes, it is AWD & has side air bags.

~John

Quick Reply: what would this truck cost new??

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands