Need Advice / info on TCH

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need Advice / info on TCH

A while ago I started this thread when I was considering a Camry Hybrid and needed some feedback to help me make a decision. To make a long story short I took delivery of my Aloe Green TCH last thursday. I just wanted to thank everyone for your input and I am very happy with my choice. I was concerned about me being a lead foot but this Hybrid sure changes ones driving style. Three out four of my first drives I was awarded with an "Excellent" so I guess I am getting the hang of things. Anyway, thanks again to all.

Old 06-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Active Enthusiast

Congrats on getting your new wheels! How do you like the Aloe Green? I have only seen it in non hybrid models here in the Bay area. It is truly amazing how getting those "Excellents" turns us former leadfooters into hypermilers!

For almost five miles tonight up in Marin County, my hubby and I kept wishing for a camera phone so we could take a picture of the tank average reading 99.9! By the time we drove home thru the flatter side of SF and into Pacifica, it was down to the low 40s, but for a few minutes there, wow!!

Old 06-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CA Girl
Congrats on getting your new wheels! How do you like the Aloe Green? I have only seen it in non hybrid models here in the Bay area. It is truly amazing how getting those "Excellents" turns us former leadfooters into hypermilers!

For almost five miles tonight up in Marin County, my hubby and I kept wishing for a camera phone so we could take a picture of the tank average reading 99.9! By the time we drove home thru the flatter side of SF and into Pacifica, it was down to the low 40s, but for a few minutes there, wow!!
karen Thanks for the congrats and as I saw you on the Newbie thread, Congrats to you also. The Aloe Green is only available in Canada on the TCH I believe. It looks better than on a regular LE version because of the TCH front grill and wheels. I have not seen 99.9 on mine yet but time will tell. Also on the Newbie thread you said your windows fog up and replies said to turn off the recirc mode. The TCH goes on recirc automatically when you put the air cond on. I had the dealer program my Camry to "Manual" so recirc comes on only when I push the button. I have no problem with the windshield fogging. Most dealers will do this at no charge. If you go back a few posts on this tread you will see where this was discussed. Hope this helps.

Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
SPL
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ookpik — By the way, the default air-conditioning settings will eventually switch from "recirc" to "outside air" automatically, as soon as the system determines that conditions are right for this. You may feel that it takes too long, but I (also in Canada, also Aloe Green metallic!) find that it's okay for me.

Stan