Need Advice / info on TCH

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Recent Hybrid convert
Default Re: Need Advice / info on TCH

Originally Posted by Ookpik
I know this may sound like a dumb question but if you drove the TCH like any regular car, in other words not striving for mpg, what kind of mileage do you think you would get. I am referring to city driving
Originally Posted by kris
If you drive it hard, you could get around 28-32. If you drive it without thinking about mpg, which you will eventually do once the newness wears off, you'll get around 33-36 easily without thinking about it.
Thanks That is what I wanted to know.
Ookpik, the "33-36" figure sounds about right (read: city trips, driving it like a "regular" car without even thinking about it, etc)... But in the end, it depends on so many factors (including average distance, load/passengers, topography, weather, etc) that -- EVEN FOR CITY DRIVING -- it remains an elusive question with many different replies. That said, some folks on this forum seem to be getting above that range without even "trying".

Old 04-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Enthusiast

Hope someone can help with this. On a recent test drive I noticed the climate control system automatically set things (eg: recirculate mode came on when air conditioning turned on, fan speed etc). The Toyota iGuide site shows many things on the TCH can be customized to your preference. It does show that things like the auto door locks, can be programmed by the owner but does anyone know if the settings for the automatic climate control system has to be programmed by the dealer. I cannot find any info on this in the guide.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hope someone can help with this. On a recent test drive I noticed the climate control system automatically set things (eg: recirculate mode came on when air conditioning turned on, fan speed etc). The Toyota iGuide site shows many things on the TCH can be customized to your preference. It does show that things like the auto door locks, can be programmed by the owner but does anyone know if the settings for the automatic climate control system has to be programmed by the dealer. I cannot find any info on this in the guide.
There are some settings that can be altered by the dealer. I do now know of anything you can change yourself. The attached PDF contains all dealer altered settings.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cust_parms_in41-44.pdf (28.0 KB, 134 views)
Old 04-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

The auto recirculate function can only be reprogrammed by the dealer. I had it done about a month ago at no charge.

Ask the dealer to set the "air inlet mode" to "manual."

Old 04-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by klynch
The auto recirculate function can only be reprogrammed by the dealer. I had it done about a month ago at no charge.

Out of curiosity, what causes the recirculate to turn OFF after the AC has been ON for awhile (the same might be true for heat). I cannot stand this as within seconds of city of traffic I start getting horrible exhaust oders.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think it may do this because the actual cabin air temp is approaching the desired cabin air temp. When there is a large discrepancy between the two, recirculate is activated (when the air inlet mode is set to AUTO).

Anyone else?

Old 05-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
There are some settings that can be altered by the dealer. I do now know of anything you can change yourself. The attached PDF contains all dealer altered settings.

I think it may do this because the actual cabin air temp is approaching the desired cabin air temp. When there is a large discrepancy between the two, recirculate is activated (when the air inlet mode is set to AUTO).

Anyone else?
Mikieboyblue Thanks for the info in the PDF. That helps a lot.

Klynch Also thanks for the reply. I might negotiate programming as part of the purchase (to have it done at no charge) and do as you did and set it to manual. Although I did not know that the recirculate went off after the AC has been on for a while I do agree with your reply to Mikieboyblue as to why it does this. As in any car you will cool/heat the interior faster with recirculate on but if left in that mode under some conditions it may start to fog the windshield (eg: if humid out when raining) As the TCH is the epitome of efficiency, it makes sense it would function like this, IMHO.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:44 PM
HSD Organic Interface

Originally Posted by mikieboyblue
Out of curiosity, what causes the recirculate to turn OFF after the AC has been ON for awhile (the same might be true for heat). I cannot stand this as within seconds of city of traffic I start getting horrible exhaust oders.
Mine was the exact opposite problem. I'd be driving along getting nice fresh outside air then it would start to get stale and windows would start to fog, and there it is, the stupid Recirc turned back on by itself. I had mine setup to manual.

Old 05-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

On the custom parameters for open/wireless and close/wireless, has anyone actually gotten these to work? Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but they are not working for me. It is possible that my dealer changed the defaults, but I doubt it. When I bought the car, it had no visible dealer prep done. If they work for you, can you please tell me how? I am just pressing and holding the unlock button on my fob for 5 seconds while standing near the car, and the sunroof does not open. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chris_h
On the custom parameters for open/wireless and close/wireless, has anyone actually gotten these to work? Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but they are not working for me. It is possible that my dealer changed the defaults, but I doubt it. When I bought the car, it had no visible dealer prep done. If they work for you, can you please tell me how? I am just pressing and holding the unlock button on my fob for 5 seconds while standing near the car, and the sunroof does not open. Thanks in advance.
This is one of the errors in the TCH Manual (or where ever you may have seen it) . The TCH does not have this option (Remote sunroof control).

Last edited by JHSmith; 05-03-2007 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Expanding on answer

Quick Reply: Need Advice / info on TCH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands