My Buddy Drives a Hummer H2

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 05:04 PM
WVGasGuy
Default My Buddy Drives a Hummer H2

I found a joke in a 2003 auto magazine that I sent him.

A guy pulls into a gas station with his H2 and starts filling up. An hour goes by, then two then three. Finally the gas station attendant comes out and suggests that he shut the engine off.

My friend did say he was now driving 65-70 on the interstate and he's gotten his interstate milage up from 10.5 to 13! I told him my GREEN friends would be proud of him

Old 08-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My Buddy Drives a Hummer H2

**does some math**

24% increase in mileage! Not bad. Well...ok, bad, but appreciably better than he was doing. At 15,000mi/year he's "saving" $825/yr at $3.00/gal. Of course, that's from an original cost of nearly $4300. Couldn't he pretty much get an even trade on a TCH with that thing?

Old 08-22-2006, 05:20 PM
WVGasGuy

Couldn't he pretty much get an even trade on a TCH with that thing?

I about croaked when he got it. He traded a "mint" 87 Porsche Turbo Carrera and a Harley +$$$'s for this. I loved the Porsche.

I'm gessing he's with this for the long term.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)

The mileage increase is great but 13 is still a disgrace!

Old 08-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You have a friend who drives an H2 and you admit it here? Your posts will immediately be deleted and your mileage deleted from the database.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:07 PM

I have a boss that has an H2 and an H3. Both are crappers!

Old 08-23-2006, 04:21 AM
WVGasGuy

You have a friend who drives an H2 and you admit it here?

Hey, I've got him up to 13 mpg, what else can I do?

Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Angry Re: My Buddy Drives a Hummer H2

Does he use the H2 for any business-related activities? I read an article a few months ago in the NY Times about how the federal tax laws are really screwed up, because it is more tax-advantageous for a business owner to purchase a large SUV than to purchase a hybrid vehicle. So people who take a tax deduction for a business vehicle are all purchasing Hummers and Yukons, it's just a better business decision for them.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flopshot
Does he use the H2 for any business-related activities? I read an article a few months ago in the NY Times about how the federal tax laws are really screwed up, because it is more tax-advantageous for a business owner to purchase a large SUV than to purchase a hybrid vehicle. So people who take a tax deduction for a business vehicle are all purchasing Hummers and Yukons, it's just a better business decision for them.
Ooohhh! Is it dump on the Hummer time?
I don't know about the current laws but yes, at least there used to be a loophole that generically classified vehicles as "commerical" based on weight alone. After all who the heck would drive an 8,000 pound monster to the soccer field? Up to 50% tax deduction I think even if you didn't own a business nor use it in any commercial manner.

OK, here is my dump on the H2 story. Went to pick up my daughter at camp last Saturday. We packed her stuff up, with some thought, but not nearly as much as when BOTH girls were at this camp for 2 weeks earlier this summer. All fit fine, under the cargo cover. Other than a couple of pillows, the same was true when we had both girls, all the stuff they needed for 2 weeks of camp (no laundry service) including sheets, blankets, beach towels, 5 kinds of footwear, riding helmet, sleeping bag (not stuffable), etc, etc.

Next to us was an H2. The guy's wife's chest was as inflated as his ride, she was WAY too thin to be 'natural'. I guess he needs to show his manliness with 'size'. She was shoving things in the back of the H2, yelling to him in the back seat to move some stuff as her item kept falling out the back. I assume it would have fit pretty easily had they spent ANY effort planning rather than shoving. They obviously spent NO time putting the bigger stuff in first. But hey, it is big, anything should fit, no thinking necessary, right? Kind of of a general (lack of) thought process: I'm big, get outta my way, bull your way through.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:16 PM

H2s are not all that big inside.

Quick Reply: My Buddy Drives a Hummer H2

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands