Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Major, major Bluetooth improvement

Bah... I wish I'd found this forum earlier...

I have the Samsung a900 POS (Piece of ****) Blade...

Naturally, it has a lousy battery and poor reception, but I was willing to overlook that because it was thin and cool looking!!

But the final straw is that it is barely compatible with the bluetooth in the Camry non-Nav hybrid, AND it won't turn on if the car is already running with bluetooth enabled!

When I told Bell about this, they said they'd have my phone repaired... well, they resoldered it and flashed it... didn't work.

I took it in again... they sent it out again... they "upgraded the software"....didn't work...

Took it in a 3rd time... and this time I asked what happens if they can't fix it... the lady at the repair desk told me that she's had people send in a900s 5-6 times... I asked what happened to those poor saps...

She said "I wrote an email to Bell on their behalf. Bell responded saying there was nothing they could do - the poor saps eventually gave up and were forced to live with it!!!"

Well, I'm NOT going to live with it... I'm going to force them to give me a new phone (I paid $450 CAD for this phone because I was assured it was the best phone Bell has, and that it would work seemlessly with my car!!), and I won't take no for an answer!

Anyone a Canadian with Bell and can recommend a phone that will work?

Old 11-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by SquidSurprise
Anyone a Canadian with Bell and can recommend a phone that will work?
What are your choices. I'll assume you use GSM phones. If yes, any unlocked Bluetooth enabled Sony Ericsson GSM phone less than a few years old would work flawlessly.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Enthusiast

Bell doesn't use GSM...

My options are the Motorola RAZR, the Sanyo Katana, and the Samsung m500...

Until the a900, I had always really liked Samsung - now I'm leaning towards the RAZR or the Katana...

Old 11-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Bell doesn't use GSM...

My options are the Motorola RAZR, the Sanyo Katana, and the Samsung m500...

Until the a900, I had always really liked Samsung - now I'm leaning towards the RAZR or the Katana...
My wife's Sprint branded Katana works fine. The Razor should work but you can't transfer your whole phone directory in one operation with any Motorola phone.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:06 AM
Enthusiast

Since I own the non-Nav, tranferring the phonebook is irrelevant - only room for 20 entries...

Anyone know why Toyota only made room for 20 entries?? I mean, the space required to hold 1000 entries (like the NAV has) would be less than 1 MB... seems a pretty sneaky thing to do in order to make us shell out the extra 3 grand...

Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Since I own the non-Nav, tranferring the phonebook is irrelevant - only room for 20 entries...

Anyone know why Toyota only made room for 20 entries?? I mean, the space required to hold 1000 entries (like the NAV has) would be less than 1 MB... seems a pretty sneaky thing to do in order to make us shell out the extra 3 grand...
But yours holds more CDs but I'm not complaining