Lowering:

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default Lowering:

Has anyone lowered their car with the TRD springs or any others?
Springs and wheels are next.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.
Default Re: Lowering:

I traded mine for a Highlander Hybrid because my back and knees told me it was too low.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You need different springs in the back due to battery pack and 12 v battery in the trunk, about 150-200 lb more than "normal" Camry, I would imagine. I think somebody did something like that about 6-10 months ago, try searching. I hope snow is not common where you drive, or you'll be hanging the chasis, there is only around 6.5" clearance as it is.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by No-hp
Has anyone lowered their car with the TRD springs or any others?
Springs and wheels are next.
Search for "FlopShot" and you'll read plenty about his lowered TCH. Bottom line is you'd need the SE springs in back and the TRD in front. Don't put TRDs all around... the rear will bottom out while the front gets raised... Strange, but FlopShot showed his experiment with pics. I am waiting to lower mine as well. Waiting for the TRD/Eibach springs to arrive, I already have a set of SE springs. I am also considering H&R springs as a viable alternative. We'll see...

Old 01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rocket08
Search for "FlopShot" and you'll read plenty about his lowered TCH. Bottom line is you'd need the SE springs in back and the TRD in front. Don't put TRDs all around... the rear will bottom out while the front gets raised... Strange, but FlopShot showed his experiment with pics. I am waiting to lower mine as well. Waiting for the TRD/Eibach springs to arrive, I already have a set of SE springs. I am also considering H&R springs as a viable alternative. We'll see...
Here's the thread that Rocket is referencing:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...pped-tch-9839/

And you can search the gallery for larger-format photos of my car.