Looking for rear spoiler template????

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
2007 Barcelona Red Camry
Question Looking for rear spoiler template????

I recently purchased the rear spoiler for my Barcelona red Camry Hybrid from my local dealership but they didn't have the install kit/template and also said that the kit was backordered for 6 months. I think it was a ploy to get me to pay the $850 for the spoiler installed. I thought to myself "I got the spoiler from a $200 and they want $650 to install?" NO WAY AM I PAYING THAT. So I figured someone who has done the install themselves who has the template would be willing to sell it to me since they don't need it anymore? email me if you do. Thanks

Ric
joystix2@yahoo.com

Old 09-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Currency-to-hydrocarbons
Default Re: Looking for rear spoiler template????

I can't help you with the template but according to the Toyota.com website, the cost of the rear spoiler is $295 MSRP Installed. That means painted and installed.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
2007 Barcelona Red Camry

Yah thats what I thought but I guess my dealership was trying to get more money out of me when I bought it since the Camry hybrid is in such high demand. $900 for a spoileer installed is just rediculous in my opinion. Someones gotta have the template hanging around in their garage collecting dust.

Old 09-25-2006, 11:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I thought I read somewhere that the template comes with the spoiler when you buy it. (Someone found it tucked away in the packaging in a place that it wasn't easy to spot)...

I could be remembering this wrong, though.

Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I knew it was a big mistake when I threw away my template after installing my spoiler. I went to get it out of the garbage, but the garbage truck had already picked up that day.

Check on EBay, there might be people selling their templates.

I did take a hi-rez photo of my trunk lid with the template taped down on it. So if you printed my photo on a 36" plotter at full-size...