Rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:46 PM
Enthusiast
Question Rear spoiler

Hi,

Did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm looking for feedback on the rear spoiler Ford 1L8Z-78500K16-AAC for FEH. Does anyone have this installed and how does it work? Any down sides to the installation? What did the dealer or body shop charge to install and paint it?

Thanks, Don

Old 04-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: Rear spoiler

Originally Posted by dbennettya
Hi,

Did a search and couldn't find an answer. I'm looking for feedback on the rear spoiler Ford 1L8Z-78500K16-AAC for FEH. Does anyone have this installed and how does it work? Any down sides to the installation? What did the dealer or body shop charge to install and paint it?

Thanks, Don

The spoiler is primed, which means it doesn't come with color. You can order it and ask some bodyshop to paint it, it usually costs around $100-$150 to paint, just make sure it matches your car's color and come with clearcoat.

For the installation part, I recommend you take it to the dealer and ask them to install it for you, I think(not sure) you need to drill holes on the roof and align them correctly.

For the look part, it makes your car look sportier. I highly doubt it improves air drag and handling during high speed.

Old 04-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rear spoiler

Supposedly, aren't they supposed to keep the rear window cleaner?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Enthusiast

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, still looking for someone that actually installed one and can determine if it is worth the risk of long term corrosion from drilling holes to mount it? Versus the benefits it provides.
Don

Old 04-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't had one installed on my 05 FEH, but I did have one installed on my '99 Dodge Durango (the vehicle I traded in for my FEH.) Chrysler offered two different models depending on the year. The one I had was bolted to the rear lift gate. I was told that this model was the better of the two models. It did help to keep the rear window cleaner and it also helped minimize the amount of water being sprayed up from the back tires when driving. The only thing I didn't like was you had to watch out when you took if to a car wash. if you went to know with the "brushes" you ran the risk of it being ripped off your vehicle. I would presume the same would be true with the one for the FEH. If it is installed correctly, you shouldn't have to worry about corrosion. If it bolts the the vehicle, the kit should come with caps or something to help prevent the corrosion.

I liked it and I felt it was worth it. However I don't like the way the rear air deflector looks for the FEH.

Good Luck.
Rich

Last edited by rihavo; 04-22-2006 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added sentences