Headrest uncomfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Headrest uncomfortable?

Does anyone find the TCH front seat headrests uncomfortable? My wife does - even reclined a bit more than usual. The back seat headrests are fine.

Has anyone found other Toyota's that have headrests that would fit the TCH?

Old 10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
TCH-Frosted Mink
Default Re: Headrest uncomfortable?

I felt the same and it has the same type across all Camry.
Try to find one that can tilt/rotate.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

The 1995 Camry LE4 we owned until last year had VERY comfortable fabric seats and head restraints that adjusted for angle and height. What happened with this new generation? Dare I say cost cuts? I agree, the head restraints are not comfortable. The seat is too short also for me... but that's another story.

Old 10-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yep...being female it messes with my hair...I have put the seat back back just a tad more to keep from brushing my hair on it. I think it is because of whiplash injuries that they have made them more 'in the way'. Your head won't travel as far...

Old 10-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

[QUOTE=nash]Does anyone find the TCH front seat headrests uncomfortable? My wife does - even reclined a bit more than usual. The back seat headrests are fine.

I don't think they are supposed to be "comfortable" they are designed to be head "restraints" to avoid whiplash in a rear end collision not a head rest as you suggest. When I'm driving my head never touches the head restraint.

Old 07-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

[quote=Paulgw;96341]
Originally Posted by nash
Does anyone find the TCH front seat headrests uncomfortable? My wife does - even reclined a bit more than usual. The back seat headrests are fine.

I don't think they are supposed to be "comfortable" they are designed to be head "restraints" to avoid whiplash in a rear end collision not a head rest as you suggest. When I'm driving my head never touches the head restraint.
They should be designed to be "comfortable"!! Nothing like a 1,500 mile trip being "uncomfortable" There has to be a remedy for these head rest's

Old 07-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Technologist

I've found headrests on all model cars changed sometime last year - the same is true for my wife's Honda. Where they used to be tilt adjustable, they are now fixed. I mentioned it to various dealers when I was test-driving, and they all claimed that new Federal regulations demanded it. I don't know if that's true, but I don't think it's just a Camry thing, and it sure isn't a cost cutting measure.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Beyond AM. Beyond FM.

They've had a few heated discussions about this over at hondapilot.org about restraints vs. rests, and how uncomfortable they are. I fall into the restraint camp, and prefer that my passengers keep a proper posture, feet on the floor, seat belts fastened, proper recline for safety and distance from the airbag, as do I, so I have no issue with the head restraints in the Camry.

Old 07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Enthusiast

I noticed the headrest arms were steel tubing, so I rigged up a tubing bender in my vise and "tweaked" the headrests to give them a slight backwards cant. Now they're perfect.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Roy
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by panhandlejim
I noticed the headrest arms were steel tubing, so I rigged up a tubing bender in my vise and "tweaked" the headrests to give them a slight backwards cant. Now they're perfect.
Yeah, that is a thought. Gotta move it back a inch or two.

Quick Reply: Headrest uncomfortable?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands