Got my white TCH yesterday.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 04:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Red face Got my white TCH yesterday.

I'm sorry a hit the wrong key. Here’s the boring story, I bought the my TCH one week ago at Frank Toyota in National City, CA. He was the only dealer locally in San Diego, who had one to test drive. I fell in love with it right then and there. Very nice sales and financial staff with NO real hard sale at all. They told me it would be 2 weeks for it to get here but it was ready yesterday. I paid sticker $26,649.for the basic TCH with floor and carpet mats as the only additions. There were no surprises or add-ons. I talked to the service manager about getting a Sirius satellite receiver put in. He told me there is a hold on them from Panasonic until September. Does anyone have any more info on this? I’ll have to use my old hang on unit to listen to Howard Stern till then. I Didn’t put much mileage on so far, only 40 miles, with 35mpg so far. I did notice ECO feature would only work in the auto mode of the AC. The best feature so far having not to use the key fob to unlock and start the car, just keep it in your pocket. I keep my vehicles a very long time. My last new car a Chevy Celebrity wagon is still running well after 18 years with nearly 300,000 on the original engine and transmission. I expect to do as well with this TCH.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Got my white TCH yesterday.

Congratulations!

Old 07-22-2006, 06:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

thanks

Old 07-22-2006, 08:30 AM
it's just a car...

[QUOTE=freeagn]...The best feature so far having not to use the key fob to unlock and start the car, just keep it in your pocket. ...QUOTE]

It took a few weeks for me to stop pulling the fob out of my pocket.

Yesterday, I drove my wife's car to get it serviced.
I quickly realized how spoiled I am by the TCH's keyless feature.

I actually pointed at the place on her dash where the START button isn't before I realized I had to actually insert a key into the steering column...

Effortlessly popping the trunk deck on the TCH is one of my favorites.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:47 AM
WVGasGuy

I did notice ECO feature would only work in the auto mode of the AC.

Check that again. I have my ECO on all the time and never use the Auto mode.

Sometimes to turn on the A/C it goes to auto mode and then if you change the fan speed or mode it goes out of auto mode.

Old 07-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

This morning while I was trying to pair my cellphone, it took a while but I did it. I tried the truck unlock feature too, it's cool, the hold time running on the battery with the air on. Next for me is the garage opener and putting in all the phone numbers and names. Thanks, for the reply.