yay got our 06 HCH yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 05:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default yay got our 06 HCH yesterday!

and we freaking' love it, nothing we don't like about it.

we paid 25,000 including an alarm system, the door guards, and the 6 year/100,000 full extended warranty and GAP, taxes, registration, etc. I'm in phoenix, az. The color (the opal blue metallic silver) is uncanny, how it changes colors depending upon the light it's in.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:22 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: yay got our 06 HCH yesterday!

Congrats ; Glad to here that your (Complaints) are "ZERO" on your new HCH ll and it sounds like you really like the Color. Don't leave us in the dark that do-not have our cars yet, post FE when you drive it some and what your thoughts are concerning the rest of the car. How do you like the Factory Sound System and it's Reception?

Congrats Again

Terry

Old 11-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Default Re: yay got our 06 HCH yesterday!

Wow, there sure are alot of us Opal Silver folk on this board. Congratulations on getting the car!

Old 11-20-2005, 11:51 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: yay got our 06 HCH yesterday!

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer
Wow, there sure are alot of us Opal Silver folk on this board. Congratulations on getting the car!
Well just Hang-Around for another Month or so and you all can read about a different color combination. Alabaster Silver Metallic W/2 Tone Blue Interior.

Terry

Old 11-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Congrats ; Glad to here that your (Complaints) are "ZERO" on your new HCH ll and it sounds like you really like the Color. Don't leave us in the dark that do-not have our cars yet, post FE when you drive it some and what your thoughts are concerning the rest of the car. How do you like the Factory Sound System and it's Reception?

Congrats Again

Terry
well the car is so fast, compared to our CRV 2004 we just traded in, that we sort of drove it like a race car the first 85 miles or so and just got 35 mpg or so. Easing up a bit, we're at like 115 miles, and at 39mpg until the wife got ahold of it for like 10miles and now it's down to 37 lol. I could easily hit 50 i know if i paid attention...

it's SO much fun to drive, like i told someone,like a ghost gliding on glass lol. so smooth, handles so nicely, just really a DREAM to drive, all our opinion of course.

the sound system is good, i'd say a 7 out of 10...could use more bass response, but what can i expect on a smaller car?

the color is unbelievable...in direct light, it's sky blue, in dim light it is silver, it is truly the most beautiful paint job i've ever seen, quite uncanny

this morning i was gettin bagels at Einstein's, and a guy behind me says, "That is one SICK civic man! Wow...where di dyou get that?" I guess he saw me parking lol...i told him it was a hyrbrid and he was astounded, i even took him to see the dash, he was floored and said "okay, im buying one for my wife for xmas!" lol...i was getting in the car this monring out of Circle K, and as I pulled back out of the spot, i felt the guy next to us was looking at us and heard him say "Wow man look...that's a cool car huh?" So, one day and already two comments from strangers.

I really do not regret ANYTHING about this purchase, yeah just one day, but still...amazing.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:16 PM
G.H. Contributor

Originally Posted by myndreach
well the car is so fast, compared to our CRV 2004 we just traded in, that we sort of drove it like a race car the first 85 miles or so and just got 35 mpg or so. Easing up a bit, we're at like 115 miles, and at 39mpg until the wife got ahold of it for like 10miles and now it's down to 37 lol. I could easily hit 50 i know if i paid attention...

it's SO much fun to drive, like i told someone,like a ghost gliding on glass lol. so smooth, handles so nicely, just really a DREAM to drive, all our opinion of course.

the sound system is good, i'd say a 7 out of 10...could use more bass response, but what can i expect on a smaller car?

the color is unbelievable...in direct light, it's sky blue, in dim light it is silver, it is truly the most beautiful paint job i've ever seen, quite uncanny

this morning i was gettin bagels at Einstein's, and a guy behind me says, "That is one SICK civic man! Wow...where di dyou get that?" I guess he saw me parking lol...i told him it was a hyrbrid and he was astounded, i even took him to see the dash, he was floored and said "okay, im buying one for my wife for xmas!" lol...i was getting in the car this monring out of Circle K, and as I pulled back out of the spot, i felt the guy next to us was looking at us and heard him say "Wow man look...that's a cool car huh?" So, one day and already two comments from strangers.

I really do not regret ANYTHING about this purchase, yeah just one day, but still...amazing.
This is my interpretation of you:

Terry

Old 11-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Enthusiast

Woo-woo! Got my Magnetic Pearl w/nav last week. Still plowing through the documentation.

Had a clear bra installed on Saturday.

Trying to decide if I want the XM receiver added.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Brains of the Operation

Originally Posted by myndreach
Thank God. The sound system on my '05 sucks. I replaced the two front speakers, and it's a little better, but still among the worst I've heard. I'm glad to hear that the new Civic sound system has been improved.

Old 11-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

is uncanny, how it changes colors depending upon the light it's in.
Congradulations, sounds like you are truly enjoying your new car!

Funny you mention the color changes, as I think most people really don't realize just how drastic the change really is. Sometimes it almost looks a shade of purple under the arc lamps in the parking lot garage.

Now, we'll have to work on those MPG's

Old 11-21-2005, 07:11 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

Is there any other color?

Congrats and enjoy!!

Originally Posted by CGameProgrammer

Quick Reply: yay got our 06 HCH yesterday!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands