Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 12:12 PM
tjq
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Updated today. 5-10-2007

Put on over 100 miles maybe 80 on 295/95 and other highways. First mileage on 95 since picking it up. Started off at 33.8 mpg and ended up 37.0 avg. Have over 300 miles on it and still a bit more then half a tank left.
Differences noted compared to old car: Rides and handles better. No noticeable loss of quickness on highway. Plenty of power to accelerate, with CC and pass cars. Did hit and hold 74 for about 2 miles, probably held it around 65 to 68 most of the time on 295. One noted fact that was told to me and did notice and was not like old car. It leans a bit on curves. Definitely slower on pickup then old v6 235(?) hp old car, after take off as good as old one. Still getting familiar with it and have only read about 10 pages on the manual. Winging it and learning enough.
Am very satisfied. Picked it up Monday at dealers.

tjq

Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

First fuel up today since dealer fill up. Went 477 miles, took a bit over 12 gallons. Had 1/4 tank remaining. MFD avg mpg, 36.1.

Area here is, city driving, stop and go, some 1 mile long climbs with up to 8% grade. Lots of smaller rollers. Some suburbs and rural areas. Most trips within a radius of 6 miles from home. One, 80 mile highway ride included on tankful.

Satisfide.

Old 05-19-2007, 03:41 AM
tjq
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Getting new TCH Monday. (finally)

Took another 100 + miler day trip, with passengers. Two adults in the front, 2 adults in the rear seats. Could not detect any sensation of the added weight. Estimate there was 340 lbs in the front and rear seating, total of 680 lbs. Passengers in the rear commented on the ride quality being great. One note on the additional weight or it could have been the headwind factor or a combo of both. Will add my mph were higher then last trip. (lots of Staties out too. Lucky me) Was not able to increase mpg like on first 100 mile trip which was almost identical to trip last week. Use ECO mode all the time, CC on and used most of the time, including passing a few times on the highway. Most terrain use is small town (city like) driving. Most short hauls are 2 to 6 milers. Hills, rolling hills some suburb and farmland rides included. First tankful avg was 36.1. So far on second tank, avg is 35.8 with slightly less then a half tank to go. TCH is better than anticipated before buying. Plenty of speed, (after settling in after take off) CC passing, smooth and fast enough for sure. Should I give it an A for overall score?