GAS MILEAGE

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default GAS MILEAGE

I purchased my silver TCH 2 months ago. I have filled up 3 times with the following MPG: 36, 38, & 39. I'm pretty amazed and am trying to milk 40 mpg out of my current tank. Here's my question... why is that I (we) are able to get nearly the exact MPG found on the window sticker? Every other car I've owned always got 7-10 mpg LESS than the sticker advertised. Why the pleasant surprise?

Old 10-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GAS MILEAGE

We've had just about the same mpg experience as you did, FabIIII, but we just broke the 40 mpg barrier with our last tank.

The really impressive thing to me is that the mileage is fantastic without taking extraordinary measures to achieve it. Sure, lots of jackrabbit starts will kill the mpg, as with any car, but moderate acceleration and lively highway speeds don't seem to hurt much. In fact, our most recent tank, with the best mpg so far, was an experiment where we tried using a little more spirited acceleration than on previous tanks.

You don't have to be a rolling roadblock in the slow lane! Just kick back and enjoy passing those gas stations.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Happy 07 TCH Owner

I believe it's due to recovered energy.

Old 10-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome to GreenHybrid!

Glad to hear you see the good mileage.
Originally Posted by FAB IIII
Why the pleasant surprise?
The best person to know how you drove the TCH is yourself.

Anyway, my bet is...
- You enjoyed good longer drive for the new car than the normal before.
- If your normal driving is shorter than you did these tanks, you'll see the worse mileage.
- I don't know where you live, but a cold weather will kill your mileage.

Good luck!
Ken@Japan

Old 10-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow, I just finsished my first tank and TANK AVG registered 43.3MPG for 552.5 miles and the reset within NAV screen it registered 41.7 (not accurate never had reset it when I filled up gas from dealership delivery)...
..... NOW the amazing fact is after filling up my 2nd tank and reseting the ODO (trip A) my 2007 TCH is parked in the garage and my TANK AVG has registered 99.9MPG after 2.0 miles of driving with 41F temperature... now can anyone beat this MPG???

Last edited by agnosto; 10-14-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wow, what an awesome vehicle is the 2007 TCH... I just got back from a trip (250 miles both ways) to a Zoo and my TANK AVG registered 46.1 MPG with 60-70mph in highway (my previous best one was 43.5 MPG)... unbelievable...

Old 10-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FAB IIII
I purchased my silver TCH 2 months ago. I have filled up 3 times with the following MPG: 36, 38, & 39. I'm pretty amazed and am trying to milk 40 mpg out of my current tank. Here's my question... why is that I (we) are able to get nearly the exact MPG found on the window sticker? Every other car I've owned always got 7-10 mpg LESS than the sticker advertised. Why the pleasant surprise?
The EPA estimate is for the "average" driver. You might live in an environment that gives you "above average" conditions, like flat-land. I, on the other hand, live in a "below average" environment, with lots of rolling hills. I've averaged 35-36mpg for 12 tanks, and really do not expect to get any more than that.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast

Just picked up my Titanium Treasure and drove her home, uphill all the way - no joke, its a 600 foot plus elevation change. Thanks so much to all of you who post, something must have sunk in because I got 42.8 and an "EXCELLENT" for my 34 mile trip! I figured on 30 something. Even if the computer gives you a little upside leeway, I think that's great and now I don't want to go anywhere else and lose it. Please keep up your information and humor, I have laughed out loud on many occasions.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Enthusiast

"drove her home, uphill all the way... I don't want to go anywhere else and lose it."

Though if it was "uphill all the way" you'll do even better the next time you leave home and go back downhill!

I'm on my second tank, averaging 46.1 after 225 miles. Incredible car!!

Old 10-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Enthusiast

You were right, jreas, I drove part of the way back to my son's house and got 47.1. If I went all the way to Phoenix they'd probably owe me gas!

Quick Reply: GAS MILEAGE

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands