Fold-down seats/trunk access

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 07:04 PM
Enthusiast
Default Fold-down seats/trunk access

I was looking online for pics of the space between the backseats and the trunk on the Camry hybrid, but I have been unable to find any. A big consideration for me when looking at a new vehicle is how easily my bike will fit in the back, and my current car(2001 Accord)'s opening is small enough that this is a problem for me. Toyota.com doesn't have the info I need(perhaps I just missed it). If anyone has either a picture of the opening with the seats down or the measurements of that space, I'd appreciate it.

Old 12-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fold-down seats/trunk access

The seats go down but the opening is only big enough for passing skis through. You can forget about getting a bike in there.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Dazed and Confused

The opening is about 8-10" wide and 6-8" tall, no way a bike will pass thru there. The driver's side seat is completly blocked by the battery fan ducting, and the batteries block half of the passenger's side passthru.

Old 12-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Enthusiast

Ah, well crap. Okay, thanks for the info.

Old 12-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Unless your bike is like one of these:
http://www.mrdoo.co.uk/mini_bike.jpg
Forget it.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:02 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by schmidtj
Unless your bike is like one of these:
http://www.mrdoo.co.uk/mini_bike.jpg
Forget it.
Heh, unfortunately no. Try more like this:

Old 12-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Malcontent

My old Camry could fit my road and TT bike (with all wheels removed) in the trunk and a pair of wheels. The TCH trunk couldn't really even fit one bike (also with the wheels off). That means I'll have to put them in the back seat to go to races in the spring. Other options include a roof rack (which I do have but haven't used in years), a trunk rack, or a hitch rack.

I don't do that many races so I might just put a tarp in the back seat area and put the bike(s) there.

I guess the Prius would've made more sense for me since I usually drive alone and the hatchback would've been convenient for carrying a bike.

I don't regret getting the TCH at all. I just accept that it can't do everything.

Old 12-25-2006, 12:28 PM
it's just a car...

I saw a Camry Owner with a similar bike a while back:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/sh...imageuser=5054

Old 12-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Squint
My old Camry could fit my road and TT bike (with all wheels removed) in the trunk and a pair of wheels. The TCH trunk couldn't really even fit one bike (also with the wheels off). That means I'll have to put them in the back seat to go to races in the spring. Other options include a roof rack (which I do have but haven't used in years), a trunk rack, or a hitch rack.

I don't do that many races so I might just put a tarp in the back seat area and put the bike(s) there.

I guess the Prius would've made more sense for me since I usually drive alone and the hatchback would've been convenient for carrying a bike.

I don't regret getting the TCH at all. I just accept that it can't do everything.
Fair point, and if the Prius is roomy enough in the back to fit my bike it's definitely worth checking out as well.

Old 12-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Dazed and Confused

I looked at my trunk this morning, and it seems my dimensions were off a bit.

The trunk pass through appears to be 2' wide by 8" tall approximatly. Still too small to pass a bike through.

Quick Reply: Fold-down seats/trunk access

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands