Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lights

That's right, the pins are totally different, the power is run and fused in a different way. Keep us updated!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know for sure if the TCH has all the OEM wiring for the Fog Lights? I pulled some trim to expose the front IP Junction box and see where the OEM relay should go. The relay is not there but there are wires in the plug. I also noticed plugs connected to termination blocks near the left and right fog light loctations. I received the fog light switch equiped stalk and may attempt to install it this WE. The pins are very fine on the stalk switch and contol of the FL appears to be tied to the computer so tapping into it may prove challenging. It sure would be nice if the OEM wiring was all there.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nope, wiring is not there. They never intended to give the hybrids fogs. I wish is weren't so.

Old 01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
it's just a car...

This link:
http://www.blinglights.com/shopbling...ProductId=8237
does not do a very good job of showing the acrual lamp, so it's suspicious.
~~~~~~~~~
The interesting feature is the remote switch which could eliminate the need to pull wiring inside or replace eco or stalk switches.

I wonder if there's generic remote switch that could be used with Kris' ebay kit?

Old 01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris
Nope, wiring is not there. They never intended to give the hybrids fogs. I wish is weren't so.
I got a response from Toyota regarding using the XLE stalk on the Hybrid. They gave me a case number, but didn't reccomend using the XLE switch to control the foglights. I think that was corporate talking not their engineers. I will probably succomb to using some other switch and use the wire harnesses provided with my fog lights.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Keeping Toyota Solvent

Originally Posted by chainedup
I got a response from Toyota regarding using the XLE stalk on the Hybrid. They gave me a case number, but didn't reccomend using the XLE switch to control the foglights. I think that was corporate talking not their engineers. I will probably succomb to using some other switch and use the wire harnesses provided with my fog lights.
That surprises me. Fog Lamps are available on Canadian TCH's. I'll assume the Japanese US TCHs and Canadian TCHs come off the same assembly line. For them to maintain two different harnesses would seem strange. But, what the heck. Unless ofcourse the Canadian FLs are not factory installed but PIOs.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris

I've been able to verify some of the wiring is there on my US made TCH. I've got the wiring diagram now so I'm going to pull the steering column shroud and see if the wires for the fog light are in the stalk connector. If the E21 connector does not have them it should be easy enough to pin them in and use the rest of the aftermarket harness.

Last edited by TheDosDog; 01-25-2007 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDosDog
I've been able to verify some of the wiring is there on my US made TCH. I've got the wiring diagram now so I'm going to pull the steering column shroud and see if the wires for the fog light are in the stalk connector. If the E21 connector does not have them it should be easy enough to pin them in and use the rest of the aftermarket harness.
DosDog, I have a Japanese built TCH. If you could document what you do with the wiring for your fog lights it would be interesting to compare what you do with the US version with the Japanese version. Keep me posted....

Old 01-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Dazed and Confused

Why not just tie a relay into the low beams so when the low beams are on the fog light s are on. This would solve the switching issue. And, most cars turn the fogs off when the highs are on, so if they go off when using the high beams it would be no different than many other cars.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

Very interesting that US models have "some of the wiring." The Jap THC sure doesn't.

And drawing that much power from just the low beams might not be safe in the long run.

We'll figure something out.

Quick Reply: Fog Lights

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands