Finally got my new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Finally got my new wheels

Originally Posted by JHSmith
Could you please post the instructions? Also: how much time did it take for installation; difficulty factor; and your mechanical ability factor .
The install time from start to finish was about 2 hours. Now that I've done one, could probably do it faster. Not a hard job at all. Hardest parts were mounting the lights. The bumper has screw holes for 4 screws for lights. These lights only at 2 screw holes. Had to get creative with zip ties but they worked. My mechanical ability? Not much. But using instructions that others had posted really helped. There was a lot of excess wiring that I probably could have cut off but didn't. I left the on/off switch under the hood in the on position so the lights stay on with either low beams or high beams. Only problem I had was that I didn't have a good ground on one of the 2 wires that need grounding and they didn't work at first. Asked a friend to help and we moved one ground wire. That did the trick.

Here are instructions. Not the ones I used (could't find the link) but these are nearly the same. Only difference is I ran the white hot wire to the bolt inside the middle of the fuse box under the hood and the red hot wire to the low beam headlight wire.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ght=fog+lights

Thanks ElkGroveGreen!! I test drove a TCH the color of yours and really liked it. My wife liked the white; I liked the green so we compromised and got white.

The fogs I got off of ebay were about $60 I think. No instsructions came with them but they were not hard to figure out. Only other thing I did was go to the dealer and buy OEM fog light covers. The ones that come with the lights don't seem to fit to good. Cost me $20 for new ones and they fit perfect.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I added fog lights to our TCH purchased through Ebay. Easy if you take your time. I mounted the switch on the lower panel below the start switch. The relay is on the drivers side behind the headlights. Used the main lug in the fuse panel under the hood for the main power to the relay to feed the lights. Grounded the lights where the factory ground is on the shock housing. No apparent problems with the Ebay covers. $3 at auto parts store for door edge trim to add to the lower grill. I also added a Razzi kit to the car for the "SE" look. Lots of compliments on the car. We enjoy it every time we drive it. Big changes for not much money.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

I want to add dual exhaust too. Figured I buy an extra exhaust tip then one day get the courage to cut out the left side. Just something on my "to do" list.

Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do you have a photo of them from the side?

What kind of wheels are they? They look really great!

Old 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

Here's the pic from tire rack site

Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Enthusiast

Very cool looking. Could you post the rim manufacturer and part number please.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

From Tirerack. Brand is Elbrus. Model is I05

Old 02-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Frank.....your car looks very nice. I'm getting new wheels put on tomorrow....same size as OE. Will post a pic. I also want to add fogs too....I have had HIDs already installed...big difference. Went with a Super Slim HID Conversion Kit.

You mentioned you bought an extra plastic piece from the dealer ("Only other thing I did was go to the dealer and buy OEM fog light covers. The ones that come with the lights don't seem to fit to good. Cost me $20 for new ones and they fit perfect." Is this the replacement for the tear-shaped black plastic insert that is in the fog light space on the Hybrid?

Thx!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kirklandhybrid
Hi Frank.....your car looks very nice. I'm getting new wheels put on tomorrow....same size as OE. Will post a pic. I also want to add fogs too....I have had HIDs already installed...big difference. Went with a Super Slim HID Conversion Kit.

You mentioned you bought an extra plastic piece from the dealer ("Only other thing I did was go to the dealer and buy OEM fog light covers. The ones that come with the lights don't seem to fit to good. Cost me $20 for new ones and they fit perfect." Is this the replacement for the tear-shaped black plastic insert that is in the fog light space on the Hybrid?

Thx!
Yeah, the black inserts that came with my fog lights didn't fit to well. Got OEM inserts from the dealer and they fit perfedtly.